Azzie Fudd says it was 'cool' | The Boneyard

Azzie Fudd says it was 'cool'

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Have we seen this?

There is an article in the Washington Post...February 23...about Azzie and her Mom. I don't seem to be able to link it...help! The skinny is:

Mom has been a great influence on Azzie's jump shooting style....which is fabulous. She has seriously coached her daughter up in terms of form/release etc. Of course Mom was a very good player for Georgetown back in the day. Well...on one of Azzie's visits to Storrs this season [there have been 2 such]...the UConn staff prepared a tape of Mom playing against UConn...specifically zoning in on her technique etc....which is eerily similar to Azzie's.

Azzie watched with interest and declared it 'cool'.

To me: it is fascinating to get a little insight as to the details of recruiting such a player.

Uhhh...would it be greedy to want both frosh Azzie and soph Paige [the Minny kid]...one an elite point...the other an elite wing? As we know they both were here for an exhibition game....and the ND game.

Reaction Score
Have we seen this?

There is an article in the Washington Post...February 23...about Azzie and her Mom. I don't seem to be able to link it...help! The skinny is:

Mom has been a great influence on Azzie's jump shooting style....which is fabulous. She has seriously coached her daughter up in terms of form/release etc. Of course Mom was a very good player for Georgetown back in the day. Well...on one of Azzie's visits to Storrs this season [there have been 2 such]...the UConn staff prepared a tape of Mom playing against UConn...specifically zoning in on her technique etc....which is eerily similar to Azzie's.

Azzie watched with interest and declared it 'cool'.

To me: it is fascinating to get a little insight as to the details of recruiting such a player.

Uhhh...would it be greedy to want both frosh Azzie and soph Paige [the Minny kid]...one an elite point...the other an elite wing? As we know they both were here for an exhibition game....and the ND game.
What the U Conn coaching staff did in creating that video was just brilliant. While its part of their whole package and a long process for them and her, it again sets them apart.
As a life long student of any form of management, coaching, recruiting, staff training this demonstrates some of why U Connn WBB is what it is. It's the mental part, the extras, the environment and culture.
Kudos to the whole staff and kudos to Azzi who seems to be an amazing young lady and ball player. Most importantly kudos to her Mom, who has not only taught her daughter how to shoot properly but to be able to take it all in and use it!
Yes it would be unbelievable to get one or both, or 8-12 names bandied about here all the time!
Thanks for the thread and post!
Bronx23

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This was mentioned in the 2019/20 recruiting thread.
No such thing as greedy with UCONN recruits: As long as Paige comes to UCONN with Cameron Brink and Azzi comes with Amari DeBerry UCONN should be at least in the "competititive" range among NCAA teams. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Both of her parents were solid college players and taught her well.

Azzi is one of those rare athletes who plays within herself at all times, assesses situations in real time, then does whatever is needed in the context of a given game to help achieve victory. Scoring comes naturally, seemingly effortlessly, and within the flow of the team offense - against very stiff competition.

Azzi Fudd, St Johns - High School Sports

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...6a950029788_story.html?utm_term=.ac40078eaf91

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Post article was discussed on the day it was issued. We included some links to Katie’s career. Azzi shoots like a college junior, not a high school freshman. Best stroke I’ve seen since Kaleena’s.

Reaction Score
The Post article was discussed on the day it was issued. We included some links to Katie’s career. Azzi shoots like a college junior, not a high school freshman. Best stroke I’ve seen since Kaleena’s.
College junior? I'd say she shoots better than 95% of college seniors.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom