Azzi will need to do a lot of this

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1661553498458.png

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Why isn't Geno recruiting this kid? UConn could use her next year. I think Geno has lost his touch. Doesn't matter. His coaching style is outdated anyway.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, the Fudds are visiting extended family in Minnesota, and Azzi and her brother find themselves in a college gym putting up shots. Sounds like Kobe or Tiger--working even while on vacation. I like the variety of shots Azzi is showing. Trust in Azzi!

Reaction Score
Some kids do this for 10 hours a month and some do it for 100 hours a month. It takes a total commitment to be great for most people. Azzi clearly has done that with her shooting. She needs this work on her handle and in specific scoring situations as further development. Good for her! Keep working hard Azzi!

Reaction Score
during the upcoming season.

I’m a big fan of all the players on UConn, but Azzi is the only one whose talent even remotely approaches Paige’s. Azzi is amazing. If Azzi can stay healthy and if she can play to her potential, then UConn can have a deep run this season. If not, I fear it might be a tough year. But I’ll be watching every game regardless and hoping for the best. I would watch every game even if the team were made up of ten walk-ons.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I’m a big fan of all the players on UConn, but Azzi is the only one whose talent even remotely approaches Paige’s. Azzi is amazing. If Azzi can stay healthy and if she can play to her potential, then UConn can have a deep run this season. If not, I fear it might be a tough year. But I’ll be watching every game regardless and hoping for the best. I would watch every game even if the team were made up of ten walk-ons.
How many players on other teams have talent that remotely approaches Paige's? There are some very talented players on UConn this season, even without Paige, who can help take the team on a deep run this season.

Reaction Score
How many players on other teams have talent that remotely approaches Paige's? There are some very talented players on UConn this season, even without Paige, who can help take the team on a deep run this season.
How many? 2 Boston and Haley Jones.

We'll make a deep run, maybe a FF, just on the strength of our core talent. If a couple others step up, there's no telling what they can accomplish.

Reaction Score
How many? 2 Boston and Haley Jones.

We'll make a deep run, maybe a FF, just on the strength of our core talent. If a couple others step up, there's no telling what they can accomplish.
As you probably know, Bone Dog, I want you to be right.

And, donalddoowop, I agree 100 percent that « there are some very talented players on UConn this season, even without Paige. » To be specific, Aaliyah, Nika, Caroline, Azzi, Dorka, Aubrey, Amari, Lou, Ice, Ayanna, and Inês. I haven’t given up hope, but I recognize that the competition is tough, tougher than in the past.

Reaction Score
Also, “even remotely approaches Paige’s” seems ungenerous. Azzi’s talent is quite similar to Paige’s, and the proof is that Paige would deny it.

Reaction Score
Also, “even remotely approaches Paige’s” seems ungenerous. Azzi’s talent is quite similar to Paige’s, and the proof is that Paige would deny it.
Hello again, Bone Dog. Azzi and Paige are very different players with different sets of strengths and weaknesses. Peanut butter and jelly, as Azzi and Paige say. But I have already said on the BY that Azzi and Paige, in my opinion, will end up being two of the greatest Huskies of all time.

You might disagree with me, but players like Azzi and Paige are rare. That’s why people refer to them as generational players. And even though the rest of the team has less overall talent, that doesn’t mean that the rest of the team is not great. I’m a huge fan of all the players.

I’m sorry, I don’t know what you mean by « the proof is that Paige would deny it. » Despite their public shtick in which they make fun of each other, Paige has said that Azzi is one of the best shooters in the country at any level, college or pro, men’s or women’s. What Azzi hasn’t done yet is display the full extent of her talent, maybe because of her foot injury.

Peace, Bone Dog.

Reaction Score
Hello again, Bone Dog. Azzi and Paige are very different players with different sets of strengths and weaknesses. Peanut butter and jelly, as Azzi and Paige say. But I have already said on the BY that Azzi and Paige, in my opinion, will end up being two of the greatest Huskies of all time.

You might disagree with me, but players like Azzi and Paige are rare. That’s why people refer to them as generational players. And even though the rest of the team has less overall talent, that doesn’t mean that the rest of the team is not great. I’m a huge fan of all the players.

I’m sorry, I don’t know what you mean by « the proof is that Paige would deny it. » Despite their public shtick in which they make fun of each other, Paige has said that Azzi is one of the best shooters in the country at any level, college or pro, men’s or women’s. What Azzi hasn’t done yet is display the full extent of her talent, maybe because of her foot injury.

Peace, Bone Dog.
That’s pretty much what I meant. I just took fewer words to say it. The schtick is exactly what I was thinking of. In my view, she’s a shooter on the scale of KML with better quickness and handles. She just needs a full season to show us what she’s going to do with all that talent. The following season, when Paige can play next to her both at 100%, I think we’ll see Ice and Ayanna have breakout seasons, since who’s going to be able to pay them any defensive attention?

On schtick, Paige is playful with all her teammates, because she’s a generous spirit. But the only one she playfully claims isn’t as good as her is Azzi. She wouldn’t do that unless she thought Azzi were a real rival talent-wise.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That’s pretty much what I meant. I just took fewer words to say it. The schtick is exactly what I was thinking of. In my view, she’s a shooter on the scale of KML with better quickness and handles. She just needs a full season to show us what she’s going to do with all that talent. The following season, when Paige can play next to her both at 100%, I think we’ll see Ice and Ayanna have breakout seasons, since who’s going to be able to pay them any defensive attention?

On schtick, Paige is playful with all her teammates, because she’s a generous spirit. But the only one she playfully claims isn’t as good as her is Azzi. She wouldn’t do that unless she thought Azzi were a real rival talent-wise.
No doubt Paige is competitive, but her dream is to win a national championship by passing the ball to Azzi, who then scores.

Reaction Score
No doubt Paige is competitive, but her dream is to win a national championship by passing the ball to Azzi, who then scores.
How funny. Paige probably dreams of winning by passing to Azzi. She even made a recruiting video about it. True friends

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom