Azzi, Paige, and Dorka postgame press conference | The Boneyard

Azzi, Paige, and Dorka postgame press conference

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and seems to be better quality. :)

Reaction Score
Isn't English the #1 spoken language on the planet? Why is it surprising players from Europe can speak English?

Reaction Score
Isn't English the #1 spoken language on the planet? Why is it surprising players from Europe can speak English?
No one said it was surprising we said it was impressive. Nika speaks 3 languages with Croatian being her first language. Dorka’s mom doesn’t speak any English, so I’m assuming she also learned English as a second language. I don’t know but that’s impressive to me.

Reaction Score
Can we go back to the days when a compliment was just that, not an opportunity for someone to bristle and act like there is some hidden put-down or agenda behind it? Sometimes (most of the time) a cigar is just a cigar!

Reaction Score
How many languages do you speak? Do you understand how difficult it is to become totally fluent in a second or third language? Chances are both of them also speak local dialects, which are languages, not accents like in the U.S. Both of them probably also speak some German and French, perhaps Spanish and Italian as well. Euro Basketball necessitates becoming a Polyglot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
By a small margin, yes. But among non-native speakers, it's by far the most spoken.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige was pleasantly surprised (impressed) with Dorka's use of a colorful colloquial phraseology " we can spice it up together"

Reaction Score
No one said it was surprising we said it was impressive. Nika speaks 3 languages with Croatian being her first language. Dorka’s mom doesn’t speak any English, so I’m assuming she also learned English as a second language. I don’t know but that’s impressive to me.
In my past lives, I taught English as a Second Language to recent immigrants and then English as a Foreign Language in secondary schools and at Middle English Technical University in Ankara which had students who spoke different Middle Eastern languages but had to be fluent in English, the language in which classes were taught because it was easier to teach English than to translate texts as well as to accommodate different nationalities. I was impressed how quickly motivated students in both groups picked up English. Spelling was interesting because English is one of the few languages that actually has spelling classes. Spelling bees are unheard of in most of the world where words are spelled the way they are pronounced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom