Azzi Nick Poll | The Boneyard

Azzi Nick Poll

PvP

Reaction Score
So after someone tried to give Azzi the moniker "Silent Assassin" which Paige had given to Caroline last summer, others had suggestions.

Shall we have a poll?

Here are the suggestions:

Smiley Stud
Azzassin
20 Points
Golden Husky
Kickin Azzi
NAZZ-T
Ghost

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
However, if you must have a nickname, how about Ace?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For what it is worth, I vote for Azzi! Why try to tag her with a ridiculous neckname at all?
I agree with you 100% Zorro. Why don't we sit just back and enjoy watching her play? If her teammates feel she needs a moniker, THEY can give her one. Azzi works for me too. :cool: That's 2 votes for Azzi.

Reaction Score
So after someone tried to give Azzi the moniker "Silent Assassin" which Paige had given to Caroline last summer, others had suggestions.

Shall we have a poll?

Smiley Stud
Azzassin
20 Points
Golden Husky
Kickin Azzi
NAZZ-T
Ghost
This is a very tough crowd and the tourney hasn't even started yet!

Reaction Score
"AZZI" is such an unique name... it works as a nickname for me.
But..... I'm open to any option that takes hold of our imagination
during her superb run during the NCAA tournament! GO AZZI, go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I like to see Azzi with Steph Curry for the Subway commercial ...

Reaction Score
I like to see Azzi with Steph Curry for the Subway commercial ...
The Baby-Faced Assassin with Azzi? Or, is he also The Smiling Assassin?

My reluctance with just Azzi is she is not the original owner of the name: she was named after Ms. Azzi.

Someone said Paige has no nickname, that Paige is simply Paige. What is Paige Buckets then? And, why even trademark it?

Unfortunately, there is nothing elegant that has shown up yet for Azzi.....has to be that to match the way the player moves and shoots with accuracy from all over.

Footnote: I think if we should nominate anything, we should stay away from Assassin. Came to this conclusion after discovering the historical meaning (on top of the current meaning)

a member of the Nizari branch of Ismaili Muslims at the time of the Crusades, when the newly established sect ruled part of northern Persia (1094–1256). They were renowned as militant fanatics, and were popularly reputed to use hashish before going on murder missions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Shall we have a poll?

Smiley Stud
Azzassin
20 Points
Golden Husky
Kickin Azzi
NAZZ-T
Ghost
It's fun to think about nicknames. I think Azzi is going to win out. Made me think of Walter Peyton, "Sweetness" and another Walt, this time Frazier, "(Clyde) the Glide." I have this feeling she's going to play, more and more reminiscent of Steve Nash. Did he have a nickname?

Reaction Score
In her short career she has already dropped threes that have broken the backs of other teams late and put games away. I know we’ll still always call her Azzi just as we call Caroline Caroline but I’ll throw in the name the dagger because that’s what her late threes will be. The dagger in her opponents hearts breaking their will. The dagger

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom