OT: Azzi Fudd | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Azzi Fudd

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Those who look down on UConn Women's hoops should be okay that they aren't total UConn fans. Just a bit of a UConn fan.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
for all the "dip" vs. "no dip" argument, it looks like she barely dips the ball at all, it's catch and right up with it.

I think some dip is usually good in games but I prefer a smaller dip in a catch and shoot where you need a quick release ... if you have time to gain some rhythm it's fine to have a bit more dip.

Just interesting - really nice little flick, no wasted movement, everything's lined up - really good form and she obviously works hard at her craft.

Reaction Score
Literally never heard of her until 60 seconds ago but, uh, this sounds pretty good?

"She can be going full speed, and stop on a dime and have, like, a feathery release," said two-time NBA MVP Stephen Curry. "I think she has more of a textbook jumper than anyone I've seen. Maybe Klay Thompson and Azzi Fudd. ... You go Ray Allen, Klay Thompson, and Azzi Fudd, textbook. You would teach somebody how to shoot with their form."
This is a stamp of approval from a decent shooter. Glad she’s a Husky.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
for all the "dip" vs. "no dip" argument, it looks like she barely dips the ball at all, it's catch and right up with it.

I think some dip is usually good in games but I prefer a smaller dip in a catch and shoot where you need a quick release ... if you have time to gain some rhythm it's fine to have a bit more dip.

Just interesting - really nice little flick, no wasted movement, everything's lined up - really good form and she obviously works hard at her craft.
She does away with the need for a dip by patterning Steph Curry's footwork. Players who dip usually take two steps on the shot. She takes one small jump (a bounce) to two feet and up for the shot. very quick.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What an awesome name from a marketing perspective. I thought this was like the Sidd Finch of women's basketball when I first saw it.

Everyone is going to remember her. She will get a lot of endorsement deals on the back end of her UConn career if she is as good as everyone says she is.

Reaction Score
She does away with the need for a dip by patterning Steph Curry's footwork. Players who dip usually take two steps on the shot. She takes one small jump (a bounce) to two feet and up for the shot. very quick.

People were hopping into their shot long before Steph came around, but I get the idea. I don't really see how a 1-2 step vs a hop really impacts whether or not a player uses a dip though. It's just a rhythm thing.

Reaction Score
If Paige is as good as advertised she may not be around in 2024 unfortunately. It doesn't happen often, but some women's players have declared after 3 years. Doubt that happens if she's going for 4 titles, but if they don't win this year it could be a possibility.
Her advertising brand with media does better with UCONN than the WNBA it would seem, meaning more money in the future for her.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Now if we can just sign Lauren Betts...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What do 2004, 2014, and 2024 have in common

They are years ending 4, for which I wish UConn to win both the MBB and WBB NCAA Championships.

Hey, it's happened twice already...

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
People were hopping into their shot long before Steph came around, but I get the idea. I don't really see how a 1-2 step vs a hop really impacts whether or not a player uses a dip though. It's just a rhythm thing.
I understand your point. Just that I hate the dip. I think it is a holdover habit from the days when we couldn't reach the hoop without some extra oomph. I played a lot inside and one thing the coaches kept stressing is go straight up quick. If we dipped (or gathered) we heard about it. There's a video of Paige and Azzi in a drill shooting 3's Paige is the typical 2 step dip. It was noticeable how much longer it took to get her shot off than Azzi.

Reaction Score
Azzi and Paige are going to be huge stars and bring a ton of attention to UConn in the coming years. Besides being superstar players, they have "it."

Bingo.

The last 4-5 years the women's team had had plenty of talented, coachable, intelligent players, buy no moxie, no alpha dogs. And that's been a problem.

Bueckers (which appropriately autocorrects to "buckets") and Fudd are exactly what they need.

Reaction Score
I have never gone on the women's board but has there ever been a thread there about the men's program that had 70 mostly positive responses?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Agree totally.

Didn't want this to turn into a shot form discussion ... and I recognize the value of some dip of the ball, ala Ray Allen (and myself). But I like kids that, when it isn't needed as much, aren't lowering the ball down to their groin and back up again after catching it at their chest.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Agree totally.

Didn't want this to turn into a shot form discussion ... and I recognize the value of some dip of the ball, ala Ray Allen (and myself). But I like kids that, when it isn't needed as much, aren't lowering the ball down to their groin and back up again after catching it at their chest.

Yeah. It’s amazing how smooth and effortless it looks. With the new NIL rules coming into effect, can we get this girl a shooting video deal for girls ages 10-18??

Reaction Score
Agree totally.

Big problem is that 12 year olds are allowed to shoot threes and are not strong enough. They develop bad form because they muscle the ball from the hip. I coached U12 AAU and would not allow three pointers and worked non stop on proper form from 15 ft in instead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom