OT: Azzi Fudd | The Boneyard

OT: Azzi Fudd

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Geno just landed the top women’s recruit, Azzi Fudd, “a player widely predicted by scouts, trainers and basketball insiders alike to change the landscape of college basketball and eventually the WNBA.”

That team is just going to be insane next year and the years beyond. (Again)

Reaction Score
Living down here in NC, I am getting sick of South Carolina’s recent success and them thinking they’re the best thing since sliced bread. Great for the Women’s game to have some other great teams in the mix. But it’s time for UConn to take back its throne. Let’s go!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think when she gets here, UConn may never lose a game again under Geno Auriemma.
1605113361274.png

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think Breanna Stewart is the GOAT. Argue away.
Pretty tough to argue against, in my opinion. I think it will become even tougher as her pro career grows and she goes to more Olympics. But Taurasi is a close second.

Reaction Score
I think Breanna Stewart is the GOAT. Argue away.
The best player ever is actually that giant Latvian woman. Too early to say Stewart is ahead of Taurasi but it could happen down the road.

Reaction Score
Geno just landed the top women’s recruit, Azzi Fudd, “a player widely predicted by scouts, trainers and basketball insiders alike to change the landscape of college basketball and eventually the WNBA.”

That team is just going to be insane next year and the years beyond. (Again)

14 players on scholarship next year. They haven't had that in years. They may he the odds-on favorites for the next three years. Get 'em know folks, that is, if you can.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I guess men’s and women’s will do it again!

If Paige is as good as advertised she may not be around in 2024 unfortunately. It doesn't happen often, but some women's players have declared after 3 years. Doubt that happens if she's going for 4 titles, but if they don't win this year it could be a possibility.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Azzi's already blown out one ACL, so has their other highest ranked recruit. Are ACL's like Tommy John now?

Reaction Score
Azzi's already blown out one ACL, so has their other highest ranked recruit. Are ACL's like Tommy John now?
Female basketball players have always blown out their ACL's like crazy. Non-contact injury where the constant quick stopping, pivoting, jumping, landing of basketball is a recipe for disaster. They don't have the muscles around the knee to create the stability that male players do and the structure of their knees tend to be different than men's.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's Like arguing who's the Goat between the Great One Wayne Gretzky or Super Mario Mario LemieuX.

I watched them both and I would go with Gretzky and Taurasi. However, Stewart and Lemieux are a close second.

Wayne Gretzky is as far ahead of every other hockey player as Jerry Rice is ahead of every other WR. There is a clear #1 and everyone else right for #2.

It's incredible UConn women have produced Taurasi, Moore and Stewart. A player like Sue Bird is a once a generation great and her career doesn't scratch the top spot for UConn players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom