Azzi Fudd | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd

Reaction Score
Yesterday the Washington Post featured a lengthy article about Azzi Fudd: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/she-does-everything-freshman-is-already-one-of-nations-top-high-school-recruits/2018/01/09/c19b79f6-f49f-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?utm_term=.eeff68d07c06

Fifteen year old Azzi is extolled as a “positionless” player on the supposition that this type of athlete is wcbb's future. There are numerous mentions of UConn players in the piece, and Geno's visit to see Ms. Fudd caused a big stir. Apparently Brenda offered the young lady after seeing a fetal sonogram; Jeff offered before the girl was conceived. Azzi wants to be the first man or woman to reach the moon w/out a space ship based entirely on her vertical leap. Impressed?

She got her first name from the Stanford guard Jennifer Azzi, her last name as a descendant of a Disney character. Line forms from here.

Bonus: Getting to sleep last night wasn't easy after watching some of my "favorite" teams bite the dust. ND was decimated; Tennessee lost in painful overtime; Maryland fell to a Michigan State team that should have served as just another “confidence builder.” All in all, I was giddy. How'd you sleep?
th

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yesterday the Washington Post featured a lengthy article about Azzi Fudd: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/she-does-everything-freshman-is-already-one-of-nations-top-high-school-recruits/2018/01/09/c19b79f6-f49f-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?utm_term=.eeff68d07c06

Fifteen year old Azzi is extolled as a “positionless” player on the supposition that this type of athlete is wcbb's future. There are numerous mentions of UConn players in the piece, and Geno's visit to see Ms. Fudd caused a big stir. Apparently Brenda offered the young lady after seeing a fetal sonogram; Jeff offered before the girl was conceived. Azzi wants to be the first man or woman to reach the moon w/out a space ship based entirely on her vertical leap. Impressed?

She got her first name from the Stanford guard Jennifer Azzi, her last name as a descendant of a Disney character. Line forms from here.

Bonus: Getting to sleep last night wasn't easy after watching some of my "favorite" teams bite the dust. ND was decimated; Tennessee lost in painful overtime; Maryland fell to a Michigan State team that should have served as just another “confidence builder.” All in all, I was giddy. How'd you sleep?
th

Great post Huskyd. It's a running joke about the depths Brenda and Walz will go, to offer a potential recruit, and the perception of there being "No shame to their game". I've jokingly made comments about Walz (in his constant effort to to beat McCalley to the punch) offer to a child still in the womb. You went one better with your comment: "Jeff offered before the girl was conceived".

Now THAT's funny!!!! LOL. I'm convinced that Fudd has got to come to UConn. After all, we must continue to feed the myth/perception that UConn get s ALL the best players. Every time I read a post about Fudd, I expect to see that see took that leap of faith, and committed to UConn. It's where she belongs!!! This post kick starts my day, thanks. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

th
CORRECTION - Elmer Fudd is not a Disney character. Fudd, along with Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, et al were Looney Tune characters (Warner Brothers).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom