Ayanna Patterson Can Do It All - Mike Anthony article | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson Can Do It All - Mike Anthony article

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“She’s got the ability to go coast to coast and get to the rim or pull up for jump shots,” Parker said. “She’s got incredible dexterity around the basket and in the open court while running at a high speed. She’s able to get to the rim and score so effectively that she doesn’t shoot a ton of 3’s but, man, her stroke is pretty. She has incredibly tight rotation on her jump shot and she gets it high, elevates. You don’t see many players who shoot it like that. I would say the only other one in Indiana who does is Ashlynn Shade.”

Patterson, who dunks occasionally in team practices and often in workouts, has taken just eight 3-pointers this season, making two. Homestead has other Division I- and II-caliber players designated to that role. Patterson’s father and Parker say some people think she should approach the game more selfishly. That doesn’t interest her. Winning does.

“If you rely only on scoring, your outcome is in the hands of chance,” Patterson said. “There’s a lot more to basketball than that. When everyone is happy and having fun, that’s how chemistry is built and that’s how tough games are won. As a player at UConn, I just hope to keep growing in the perimeter game. You cannot really pick one aspect of the game I can’t grow in. In college, you’re going to play against women who are 18-22, so being able to take that bump in college is important, being able to rebound and play defense.”

https://www.ctinsider.com/uconn/art..._source=post original url&utm_medium=referral

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom