Awesome feature on Alterique Gilbert as Wichita wins AAC Regular Season Title | The Boneyard

Awesome feature on Alterique Gilbert as Wichita wins AAC Regular Season Title

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Hadn’t seen this posted anywhere. Great pic and feature on a great kid. Wish him nothing but success:

WSU coach Isaac Brown said Gilbert has been vital to WSU’s stunning success this season.

“He makes a head coach’s life easy because I can give him the freedom to go make plays,” Brown said. “Sometimes he might turn it over, but he’s going to make the right play 90% of the time, and he can create offense for himself and for his teammates. I think that’s the difference for why we’re winning.”

Due to injuries and then the coronavirus pandemic, Gilbert has actually never played in a postseason basketball game in his college career. He’s looking forward to his debut scheduled for 11 a.m. Friday when the top-seeded Shockers will play the winner between Temple and South Florida in the quarterfinals of the AAC tournament in Fort Worth.

Gilbert is eligible to return to WSU for next season if he so chooses, but he has not made a final determination on that yet. As the saying goes, Gilbert is busy living his best life in the present with the Shockers.

“It means a lot to just be a part of this program, a part of this group of guys,” Gilbert said. “I’m just surrounded by great people, and I’m truly blessed for that.”

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Thank you Gilbert, and I'm happy for you

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member