Away uniforms in Hartford--first time? | The Boneyard

Away uniforms in Hartford--first time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Since we are the higher (i.e., worse) seed from here out in this tournament, we will be wearing our away uniforms starting tonight, correct? I don't think we've ever had that situation in Hartford before, have we? The only other tournament I can recall us playing in Hartford previously was the old CT Mutual Classic, and without looking I'm guessing we were the lower seed in each of those games and therefore always wore our home uniforms.

Anyhow, sorry if this has been discussed here already--I haven't waded through the dozens of threads I missed during and since last night's game--but this historical anomaly popped into my head at some point last night and I've been trying to think if there has been any other instance in which we've been "visitors" in Hartford.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For those better memories and/or research skills than mine: have we ever played at University of Hartford in a regular season game? That's the only other time I can imagine when we would have been the away team in Hartford.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What about the 1982 Big East Tournament? We were the 6 seed and St Johns was the 3.
Good call. If I ever knew that the Big East Tournament was held in Hartford that year, I totally forgot about that.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Kyle Muncy ‏@UConnTrademark 16m16 minutes ago
For those asking on the boards, we have worn blue unis in Hartford a few times before. See the photo evidence.

B_-2rA7UUAA4bmc.jpg

B_-3PIDVEAADSQh.jpg

View photo

Reaction Score
I remember loving us in the blue during last year's tourney run. So much so that I thought it was an omen that we had to wear the home white in the championship game, but I guess that turned out alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom