Away for 3 days, read the entire board: my perspective | The Boneyard

Away for 3 days, read the entire board: my perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I consider almost all the arguments made pretty minor (i.e. Herbst and Manuel's failure, UConn's perceived lack of emphasis on athletics, etc.).

The big factors that stand out to me are the FSU's regents anger at Tobacco Road in the press last year, and UNC's unnecessary and embarrassing comment about this being all about athletics.

The bigwigs in this conference used UConn and Louisville as pawns in their internecine warfare. FSU had more leverage. Louisville thus won. I don't believe this really has all that much to do with FSU's faith in Louisville as a program. All these directors and presidents are also pretty wily when it comes to athletic budgets, and they can see right through what Louisville is doing.

Something nasty is going on inside the ACC, and what we saw this week is a logical outcome of that fight.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see FSU bolt after sticking Chapel Hill with Louisville.

How does UNC even make that comment about athletics? Isn't it embarrassed?

Reaction Score
Umm, what else could they say? It's about improving academics through their 160+ ranking, 22% 4 yr grad rate? It is about their recent national championships in bball or fball?

Jurich is a hero this minute but may be a goat as early as this coming month if they get an invite to b12 and are holding a $50mm parking ticket to exit they ACC garage after < 90 days.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Clearly you haven't read the entire board. Otherwise, you'd be joining us in toasting our impending, inevitable--yet stealth--invite to the B1G.

images

u have earned this with your bad sarcasm. from now on all uss connecticut crew members must reply to your posts of bad news bears with corn pie pics. enjoy your BY life now!

Reaction Score
I consider almost all the arguments made pretty minor (i.e. Herbst and Manuel's failure, UConn's perceived lack of emphasis on athletics, etc.).

The big factors that stand out to me are the FSU's regents anger at Tobacco Road in the press last year, and UNC's unnecessary and embarrassing comment about this being all about athletics.

The bigwigs in this conference used UConn and Louisville as pawns in their internecine warfare. FSU had more leverage. Louisville thus won. I don't believe this really has all that much to do with FSU's faith in Louisville as a program. All these directors and presidents are also pretty wily when it comes to athletic budgets, and they can see right through what Louisville is doing.

Something nasty is going on inside the ACC, and what we saw this week is a logical outcome of that fight.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see FSU bolt after sticking Chapel Hill with Louisville.

How does UNC even make that comment about athletics? Isn't it embarrassed?

Yes I agree that something nasty is going on inside the ACC. One poster mentioned this was probably the first time that UNC, Duke, Wake, and UVA were on the wrong side of a vote. Perhaps Susan and Warde's low profile throughout this process was partially a result of listening to maybe the Duke and UVA folks that thought it was a done deal - just keep a low profile? I am guessing here.

The UNC chancellor's comment, the chancellor who has resigned because he knows that UNC's athletic department went nuts under his watch, is truly bizarre.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
images

u have earned this with your bad sarcasm. from now on all uss connecticut crew members must reply to your posts of bad news bears with corn pie pics. enjoy your BY life now!
C'mon man, you're better than that. That's small-time conference . What's next, "Shoo, shoo orange flu"?

Besides, I love corn pie. Bring it on. But work on your material; I think you're running a little thin and an easy candidate to get beat out by more exciting posters like Gurleyman. Even Butch is gaining on your ass. Better up your game if you want to be B1G time.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
C'mon man, you're better than that. That's small-time conference . What's next, "Shoo, shoo orange flu"?

Besides, I love corn pie. Bring it on. But work on your material; I think you're running a little thin and an easy candidate to get beat out by more exciting posters like Gurleyman. Even Butch is gaining on your ass. Better up your game if you want to be B1G time.

images

Reaction Score

For that post, you shall henceforth be known as cornholio.

Cornhole.jpg

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Nice, but where are the "B" and "1"? Get busy man!

I can't believe you were able to even form the letter G from that pile of s***. Well played 8893.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom