Avon Old Farms | The Boneyard

Avon Old Farms

Reaction Score
I had some free time this Saturday afternoon, so I attended the Avon Farms football game. Much to my surprise I saw Paul Pasqualoni on the sideline coaching the Avon Old Farm players. I thought he was still in the NFL as a position coach. It was interesting to see him at this level coaching prep school athletes.

Last edited:

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Believe it or not he is 75 now! Great retirement gig, but also shows how committed he is to coaching and to football.

Dude could be kicking his feet up on any beach - but he’s still on the sidelines coaching ‘em up. Speaks volumes.

Reaction Score
I had some free time this Saturday afternoon, so I attended the Avon Farms football game. Much to my surprise I saw Paul Pasqualoni on the sideline coaching the Avon Farm players. I thought he was still in the NFL as a position coach. It was interesting to see him at this level coaching prep school athletes.
Ummm, does ether excite you? The man is a walking keg of ether so at best he is a yawn at worst a nightmare I still struggle to get over!

Reaction Score
Don’t denigrate a man who devoted his life to kids and sport. His net contributions are in the positive ledger. Unfortunately he didn’t do much for UConn FB.
yeah, look, I thought he was a massive step backwards for a UConn program that was too timid to do anything useful at the time but that doesn't mean he didn't care or didn't want to do good. Everything said about Paul P I've seen here is that he's a strong and active contributor.

edit: to the community

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don’t denigrate a man who devoted his life to kids and sport. His net contributions are in the positive ledger. Unfortunately he didn’t do much for UConn FB.

He was effectively just a caretaker. The college game had passed him by years ago at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not he is 75 now! Great retirement gig, but also shows how committed he is to coaching and to football.

Dude could be kicking his feet up on any beach - but he’s still on the sidelines coaching ‘em up. Speaks volumes.
Dude loves or is obsessed with football

Reaction Score
His recruiting was better than all of Diaco and Edsall 2.0. PP recruits well, his problem was exactly the same as Ollie. He ran a loose ship that didn't translate to development. That and GDL

Maybe on paper. He might be a good Xs and Os guy but he was not a recruiter.

He got fired from Syracuse in part because he was a lazy recruiter. His lackadaisical efforts at Syracuse were covered by Bruce Feldman in the book Meat Market. Ed Orgeron basically said that he was behind the times and failed to keep up.

Reaction Score
yeah, look, I thought he was a massive step backwards for a UConn program that was too timid to do anything useful at the time but that doesn't mean he didn't care or didn't want to do good. Everything said about Paul P I've seen here is that he's a strong and active contributor.

edit: to the community
Correct, Coach Pasqualoni was a symptom of the problem, he did not hire himself! The “Hirers” are the ones who sent this program and Athletic Department into a near death spiral. We are not out of the woods yet, 2 National Hoops Champs notwithstanding

Reaction Score
Maybe on paper. He might be a good Xs and Os guy but he was not a recruiter.

He got fired from Syracuse in part because he was a lazy recruiter. His lackadaisical efforts at Syracuse were covered by Bruce Feldman in the book Meat Market. Ed Orgeron basically said that he was behind the times and failed to keep up.
Ok. I can get behind that statement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom