Avelo Airlines partners with UConn Athletics on promotions | The Boneyard

Avelo Airlines partners with UConn Athletics on promotions

Reaction Score

-> Avelo Airlines, which has its East Coast base at New Haven’s Tweed airport, signed on as a sponsor of the University of Connecticut men’s and women’s basketball, hockey and baseball teams, the company announced Wednesday.

The deal will provide the airline with “premium asset placement” at UConn games with digital graphics, promotional contests, signage and PA announcements. UConn and Avelo will also partner on promotional events through the 2021-2022 athletic season. <-

Reaction Score
Nice! I flew Avelo from Tweed to Fort Lauderdale last week for a vacation in Miami. Would definitely recommend it. No frills at all, but it's dirt cheap and it's insanely easy and convenient to fly out of Tweed.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nice! I flew Avelo from Tweed to Fort Lauderdale last week for a vacation in Miami. Would definitely recommend it. No frills at all, but it's dirt cheap and it's insanely easy and convenient to fly out of Tweed.
We considered using them for a trip because of the Tweed connection but backed off because of a pretty high percent of bad reviews. The main concern was an unusual number of cancelled flights That was before the rash of cancellations by airline recently. Do you think that isn’t a big an issue as the reviews indicate? While I think unhappy customers are more likely to to write reviews,as I said, it was a pretty high % of negatives.

Reaction Score
My sister & brother-in-law used Avelo after Christmas for a vacation in Fort Myers & raved about it. I have 2 round trip sets of flights booked, one for a vacation in 2 weeks & the other for a Florida wedding in April. Will know more then.
As I said in the duplicate thread on the baseball-olympic board, I wonder why Avelo isn't also sponsoring UConn football, or is it a typo?

Reaction Score
We considered using them for a trip because of the Tweed connection but backed off because of a pretty high percent of bad reviews. The main concern was an unusual number of cancelled flights That was before the rash of cancellations by airline recently. Do you think that isn’t a big an issue as the reviews indicate? While I think unhappy customers are more likely to to write reviews,as I said, it was a pretty high % of negatives.
Ah, I don't know anything about any cancellation issues. I certainly didn't deal with that at all. My sister flew Avelo around the holidays as well and she didn't experience any cancellations either.

Reaction Score
Avelo has honed in on the Florida market from Ct. Nonstop flights to Sarasota where I am. Bradley should take notice. Hope they are successful but there should be demand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom