Avelo Airlines at Tweed | The Boneyard

Avelo Airlines at Tweed

Reaction Score
Would be awesome to fly commercial out of Tweed! Curious where their direct flights will be, but a lot of their west coast locations are near national parks and/or nature destinations.

Reaction Score
Bump.

Avelo has a 72 hour 50% off sale and they have five six Florida destinations from Tweed.

I don't know Florida much aside from going to Orlando as a kid and Palm Springs Gardens for a wedding three years ago.

Out of these locations, which would you pick for a 2-3 day trip close to the beach? Any hotels recommended?

• Tampa
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Fort Myers
  • Sarasota
  • West Palm Beach

Reaction Score
Bump.

Avelo has a 72 hour 50% off sale and they have five six Florida destinations from Tweed.

I don't know Florida much aside from going to Orlando as a kid and Palm Springs Gardens for a wedding three years ago.

Out of these locations, which would you pick for a 2-3 day trip close to the beach? Any hotels recommended?

• Tampa
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Fort Myers
  • Sarasota
  • West Palm Beach
We just did a FLL to Hollywood Beach half-week. Didn't need to rent a car, short ride from the airport and Hollywood just started a service that will take you around town for $1. You can find a reasonable place to stay on hotels.com etc. We like Villa Europa. It's a bit tired but it's practically right on the beach and has everything you need.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bump.

• Tampa
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Fort Myers
  • Sarasota
  • West Palm Beach

I wouldn't know where to begin. The closest of those cities, Tampa, is 7 hours from me. But, I think I'd start on the east coast with West Palm and Ft. Lauderdale. That Gold Coast is the walking dead of retirees.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was happy to see American starting a once a week between Logan and Pensacola starting in June.

Reaction Score
Bump.

• Tampa
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Fort Myers
  • Sarasota
  • West Palm Beach

Ft. Meyers and Lauderdale are traffic nightmares in the winter -- just overrun with people.

I'd suggest either Tampa (stay in Clearwater Beach. If you're looking for a good budget hotel Barefoot Bay is on the bay side but walkable to the beach) or West Palm (Stay on Singer Island).

Reaction Score
Bump.

• Tampa
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Fort Myers
  • Sarasota
  • West Palm Beach

Tampa Bay Area: Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater

Also road trip 1.5 hrs down to Sarasota and Siesta Key

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics