Available Transfers & Postgrads for 2017-2018 | The Boneyard

Available Transfers & Postgrads for 2017-2018

Reaction Score
I posted this originally as a replay to the Postgrad Watch 3.0 thread but thought i should probably be a standalone as well.

I did a little digging and couldn't find anything so I compiled a spreadsheet (I like spreadsheets) for Transfers and Post-grad transfers that I found. I've put it up on Google as a viewable doc for anyone interested:

Transfers tab is sorted by default by eligibility remaining, post grad tab is sorted by default by player's first name

EDIT: BTW, this was a metric crap-ton of work to pull together this afternoon but if anyone wants to add/edit it, I can share an editable link. Just PM me and I'll send it along.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I posted this originally as a replay to the Postgrad Watch 3.0 thread but thought i should probably be a standalone as well.

I did a little digging and couldn't find anything so I compiled a spreadsheet (I like spreadsheets) for Transfers and Post-grad transfers that I found. I've put it up on Google as a viewable doc for anyone interested:

Transfers tab is sorted by default by eligibility remaining, post grad tab is sorted by default by player's first name

EDIT: BTW, this was a metric crap-ton of work to pull together this afternoon but if anyone wants to add/edit it, I can share an editable link. Just PM me and I'll send it along.

Thanks for doing this. You might as well sort the postgrad tab by rebounds per game.

Reaction Score
Updated the spreadsheet this morning with a few new transfers and postgrad transfers. By request, I've also resorted the postgrad tab by rebounds per game.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
To be honest, it was too long so didn't read but Bravo to putting in the work.

giphy.gif

Someone care to share the cliff notes and narrow down the target wishlist?

Reaction Score
As a random and irrelevant poster with no sway I hereby propose a 1 day ban for every wholly unnecessary thread bump.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Don't do that.
honestly, i dont even realize what it implies when i post it... Just thought people need to see his chart before it gets buried

Reaction Score
First off, great work Top Dogs.

The grad transfer route isn't the way back to glory; but this list is sobering. The leading rebounders on the compilation are all guards and that should be next year's position of strength. Surely good big men never make this list as they are long gone and in The League; but other than Chase Jeter, who isn't coming to UConn and is an injury waiting to happen, there is nothing here for next season as far as my eye can see. Other transfers have zero impact as ineligibles for next year.

Next year's team will have to out 'Nova 'Nova at small ball to have any shot and there is no way to know if AG, Larrier and Durham will be the guys we recruited pre injury. I'm not buying any of the new big men based on where and how they played in the '16-'17 season and until proven otherwise that includes our Diarra who wasn't highly rated, had a significant knee injury and didn't play college ball at all.

As the only standard bearer for the AAC that matters nationally the UConn struggles self perpetuate the negative conference image and Husky decline in the eyes of the media and to an extent of the fan base. Attention spans are defined in social media minutes and a few years of irrelevancy is poison. See Indiana, University of. (Still blue blood?) At least they have the B1G.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
First off, great work Top Dogs.

The grad transfer route isn't the way back to glory; but this list is sobering. The leading rebounders on the compilation are all guards and that should be next year's position of strength. Surely good big men never make this list as they are long gone and in The League; but other than Chase Jeter, who isn't coming to UConn and is an injury waiting to happen, there is nothing here for next season as far as my eye can see. Other transfers have zero impact as ineligibles for next year.

Next year's team will have to out 'Nova 'Nova at small ball to have any shot and there is no way to know if AG, Larrier and Durham will be the guys we recruited pre injury. I'm not buying any of the new big men based on where and how they played in the '16-'17 season and until proven otherwise that includes our Diarra who wasn't highly rated, had a significant knee injury and didn't play college ball at all.

As the only standard bearer for the AAC that matters nationally the UConn struggles self perpetuate the negative conference image and Husky decline in the eyes of the media and to an extent of the fan base. Attention spans are defined in social media minutes and a few years of irrelevancy is poison. See Indiana, University of. (Still blue blood?) At least they have the B1G.
Maybe we are looking at 2 different charts but mine says the 3 leading rebounders are forwards - Nebo and Morrow and Mike

Reaction Score
Maybe we are looking at 2 different charts but mine says the 3 leading rebounders are forwards - Nebo and Morrow and Mike

You are. He's looking at the grad transfer list.

There are a lot of guys on that list who are good rebounders but don't play enough minutes to accumulate too many of them on a per game basis. That typically means they are flawed in other aspects of the game, but you're not going to find perfect players on this market. We just need to find passable players at the five who can platoon with Durham and whoever else. The kid from Green Bay posts 24 and 13 per 40 minutes. Those are big numbers, even if numbers aren't all there are to the game.

The kid from VCU is most interesting to me because his biggest flaw was picking up fouls, which is OK when you're only a rotation player. He was also playing behind a really good player in Mo Allie-Cox and has proven he can deliver in big games against good teams.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If they don't get Harris, getting Koulechov Elijah Brown would be a fine addition to fill the Purvis role.

I'm down for Kanter and/or Hamdy.

the third scholarship left assuming not 2 bigs listed above), if it's not a top recruit (like Tucker or Harris) I'm good with just another grad transfer to kick the can down the road.

Reaction Score
Pitt might have several players transferring out. We're not the only ones dealing with issues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom