Autumn Johnson's top 10 to watch this season | The Boneyard

Autumn Johnson's top 10 to watch this season

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score

We are going to play against quite a few of the players in this clip. Who should we fear the most? Well none of them, but Boston will be our biggest challenge. Just ask Ducharme!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There are several very talented players in division 1 basketball this year. Some will cross UConn’s path. Respect them all, fear none. Play hard, smart and with urgency, and make them fear you. Our players can’t wait for the game to come to them.

That’s how you find yourself down by 10 at the end of the first quarter. :confused: Teams use to dread playing UConn. Not anymore, especially with two of our players out for the year. UConn will have to take every game they want this year. No team will give it to them. Especially the elites.

Reaction Score
No mention of Azzi? Bobby Boucher might consider that “Tackling Fuel!” :cool:
Last season was not her best or anything near what she's capable of or expected to do here so this season i firmly believe we will finally see the highly touted real Azzi Fudd set college basketball on fire.

Reaction Score
"I can go on and on and on..."

Boston's block on Caroline in the clip was definitely an 'oof' moment, though also pretty clearly a foul that wasn't called.
"I can go on and on and on..."

Boston's block on Caroline in the clip was definitely an 'oof' moment, though also pretty clearly a foul that wasn't called.

Sorry, that was all ball.

Reaction Score
Carnac, well stated. In the recent past , UConn teams haven't performed with a sense of urgency. I believe this team is more mature, serious and talented to play down to their competition or be content to be counter punchers.

Reaction Score
Sorry, that was all ball.
I guess we're looking at it with different eyes, two different fandoms. What I see is full body contact below, and contact with the arms.

But If I were an SC fan, I'd see something more like "What did she expect bringing that into my house?"

Reaction Score
I guess we're looking at it with different eyes, two different fandoms. What I see is full body contact below, and contact with the arms.

But If I were an SC fan, I'd see something more like "What did she expect bringing that into my house?"
Man she goes straight up, got the ball clean and didn't initiate any incidental body contact. Man 10 out of 10 refs will tell you that is clean.

Reaction Score
Man she goes straight up, got the ball clean and didn't initiate any incidental body contact. Man 10 out of 10 refs will tell you that is clean.
I’m just looking at the video. She goes up — ie does not establish a position for a charge — and they collide in the process of the shot and block. Also, her hand comes down and her forearm contacts Caroline’s shoulder, which is typically called a foul even if the blocker doesn’t jump. In other words, Boston does not get entirely out of Caroline’s path in the process of the block.

Don’t worry, I’m not complaining. Lots of fouls go uncalled, and some non-fouls are called in the moment because of a bad angle. Having the benefit of a tape replay reveals lots of things refs can’t be expected to spot in the heat of the action. But if a ref had chanced to have the right angle, they might have seen it, and if they had, I expect they’d have whistled it.

Reaction Score
I’m just looking at the video. She goes up — ie does not establish a position for a charge — and they collide in the process of the shot and block. Also, her hand comes down and her forearm contacts Caroline’s shoulder, which is typically called a foul even if the blocker doesn’t jump. In other words, Boston does not get entirely out of Caroline’s path in the process of the block.

Don’t worry, I’m not complaining. Lots of fouls go uncalled, and some non-fouls are called in the moment because of a bad angle. Having the benefit of a tape replay reveals lots of things refs can’t be expected to spot in the heat of the action. But if a ref had chanced to have the right angle, they might have seen it, and if they had, I expect they’d have whistled it.
I don't know what you are looking at but she literally doesn't touch her with her arm. And she goes straight up. She doesn't have to get out the way of the uconn player. She only has to go up and not initiated body contact. That is a textbook block.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I don't know what you are looking at but she literally doesn't touch her with her arm. And she goes straight up. She doesn't have to get out the way of the uconn player. She only has to go up and not initiated body contact. That is a textbook block.
@Bone Dog dug his own grave on this one but he refuses to bury himself. I do love his tenacity!:)

Reaction Score
Autumn clearly overlooked Deja Kelly of N. Carolina. Should be much higher.......Improved 3 point shooting will put her in 1st team AA company.

Reaction Score
N Carolina played S Carolina tougher than we did in the tournament! Go, Kelly and Todd-Williams......Heels

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom