OT: Australian Open | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Australian Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Venus drops the first set, but gets the first break of serve in the second, up 3-1.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Victoria Azarenka. Most of the announcers call her Vica...

Oh ok..... when i comes to the women's side...... I just root for the Americans........ thats all... no one else :cool: I love seeing Sharapova lose....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Keys was badly outplaying Venus but now has some sort of leg injury that's been taped and her level of play has fallen off.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Gritty effort from Keys coming back from a break down twice in the 4th to win. If she cleans up her errors she has a chance to be #1 at some point.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow good for Keys. She had more power than Venus, and it was easy power. Really like that young kid. Too bad Sloane Stevens sort of flamed out for the Americans - she rose quickly but just as quickly disappeared, so good for Madison Keys...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow good for Keys. She had more power than Venus, and it was easy power. Really like that young kid. Too bad Sloane Stevens sort of flamed out for the Americans - she rose quickly but just as quickly disappeared, so good for Madison
Keys...

Its up to Keys and Townsend to keep up my interest in women's tennis........ Keys is better now..... but I love Townsend's game more. Actually, I'd rather watch Townsend play over any female.. include the Williams.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I love seeing Sharapove win OR lose. But, geez, I DO hate listening to her! Is that crap really necessary?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How can you hate Rafa?
Don't know. On the men's side not too many guys I always root against, but Rafa is one of them. I'd rather see anyone win but him. Maybe it's because I love Federer and I don't want to see Rafe ever win as many grand slams as him. Oh, plus, I hate his quirks on the court. I want to buy the guy some panties because he picks at them before every single point...

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Novak just dispatched Canada's Raonic in, as almost always, straight sets.

Later tonight representatives of the world's biggest nuclear powers will vie for the right to throw atom bombs at each other.
We begin with a Russian semi between Ekaterina Makarova and Maria Sharapova about 9:30.
Then the Americans Madison and Serena blast away.

Who will achieve world domination?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And if Serena loses, I hope she does not throw a hissy-fit.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hope Serena beats Sharapova like a rented Russian Mule

(Please no comments from any Boneyard PETA members :rolleyes:)
Sharapova is super nice and well spoken off the court, but I just can't stand the shriekers on the court - Her and Azarenka can't lose enough for me.

Didn't the women's tennis association pass some sort of anti-shrieking rule going forward, but they allow the current crop to continue with it? Serena is the perfect example of a player who used to be super loud but since then toned it down, and it had zero impact on her game. Azarenka is especially annoying because her shriek is almost more like a wail, which instantly stops if she hits the ball into the net. UGH! Anyway I'm with you. Down with Sharapova!

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Novak has just gone ahead of Stan 2-1 in sets in the semis. Very fine ball striking.

Reaction Score
There appeared to be a strange ruling in the second set with Williams serving at game point when the chair umpire took it to deuce after just one serve. Did I see/remember it wrong?

Reaction Score
Against anyone else, Maria Sharapova wins the match. However, if Serena has her serve going, it is impossible for anyone to beat her regardless of how well they play.

Reaction Score
There appeared to be a strange ruling in the second set with Williams serving at game point when the chair umpire took it to deuce after just one serve. Did I see/remember it wrong?
Serena shouted "come on" before the point was over and received a hinder call against her so she lost the point. it happened to her before in the U.S Open final against Sam Stosur.

Reaction Score
Serena shouted "come on" before the point was over and received a hinder call against her so she lost the point. it happened to her before in the U.S Open final against Sam Stosur.

Thank you. I remember the point being taken away from her at the US Open on a clear winner that Stosur had no chance of returning.

IMO, if they allow the screeching and hollering, then the hinder call is a bit disingenuous.

Reaction Score
Serena learned her lesson from that US Open - she accepted it and then immediately worked at keeping her tennis game under control, which she succeeded at. There was a funny bit shortly after that hindrance call; she won another point, then had a very careful pause before uttering the "Come On." :D

The reaction on the match point let cord was amusing too. That must have been a wonderfully disruptive adrenaline dump.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Towards the end of the match it looked like Nerves were getting to Serena as she missed some returns that she would have won reports with. But almost every time her powerful serve would get her points. She had 18 Aces in the 2 set match and finished it off with an Ace.

Great win for Serena ad Maria played extremely well and could have easily won without Serena's serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom