Australia v France (spoiler) | The Boneyard

Australia v France (spoiler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Australia really misses Penny Taylor and they got into Foul Trouble. Amazing shot at the end of Regular time to send the game into OT. France can't afford to be missing free throws as they let Australia get back into the game.

They can't afford to lose to Russia. Could end up playing Team USA before they wanted to and if they lose could be out of the medal round. However still a long way to go.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Australia's guards are not very good. I'm not a big fan of Erin Phillips but she'd be a big upgrade over the current Aussie backcourt.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Australia's guards are not very good. I'm not a big fan of Erin Phillips but she'd be a big upgrade over the current Aussie backcourt.

You are correct about Phillips. Harrower and Bevilaqua are old enough to be grandmothers. Who else do they have? No Penny Taylor to bail them out.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
So we already knew Team USA was an overwhelming favorite and shouldn't lose to anyone...but reasonably speaking, is there anyone who CAN beat them?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I watched Australia play the other day and honestly thought their front court was awesome - i worried that Fowles, Charles, Parker, and Jones would have difficulty against them. But i realized Australia's guards are "less than". I think it will be an interesting game but France is in the driver's seat in that pool... Still, France has to get past Russia also - that should be a good game...

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
So we already knew Team USA was an overwhelming favorite and shouldn't lose to anyone...but reasonably speaking, is there anyone who CAN beat them?

Themselves....

I'm not outrageously surprised at the Fr/Aussie score -- 'cause the Aussies are a hot mess and France has been lurking.... I'd love to look at the score differential from the last two Olympics... I'd say the Russians and Aussies have dropped back ,but everyone else has made huge steps forward.

Liked Full Court's thought about the Chinese, who were supposed to be in a free fall: "Playin' Possum?"

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Russia has the size and Becky Hammon to cause the USA problems. USA should win, but significant foul problems by Tina and Sylvia could make the game interesting.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I agree re. China, TJI. They appear to be much stronger than previously thought. Probably best non-USA team in Group A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom