Austin Nichols leaving Memphis | The Boneyard

Austin Nichols leaving Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is bad for Memphis and bad for the AAC. We need our conference counterparts to be better and this doesn't help. What is it about Memphis that your top returning player would want to transfer so late?

Reaction Score
This is terrible for memphis and our conference...what a sh!tshow at memphis with all of their transfers and other issues. Right when they were primed for a good year too

Reaction Score
I don't think this loss is as catastrophic as some are making it out to be. It was kind of a clunky fit between him and Goodwin in the front court, and where they lose in rim protection, they should gain on the boards and in perimeter quickness. In the five games Goodwin played without Nichols last season, he averaged 15 and 9 and the team didn't seem to be worse off for it (remember, they beat us @ Gampel on Boat's senior day w/o Nichols).

Lawson should slide right into the four spot and their back court should be a lot better.

Reaction Score
Who cares, Memphis was going to suck even with Nichols. Partner is so far in over his head.

Reaction Score
virgina will love him. he can just hang back and block a crap ton of shots in that defensive scheme. he might be their best player whenever he suits up. sucks he had to leave the aac

Reaction Score
Who cares, Memphis was going to suck even with Nichols. Partner is so far in over his head.
he is still an elite college player though, its always good to keep the talent rising in conference.

Reaction Score
There weren't going to suck with Nichols, and with their terrific recruiting class, they aren't going to suck without him. Pastner has plenty of flaws, but this team is ready to roll next year.
If by ready to roll you mean Memphis will finish 6th place in the AAC, look very mediocre and Pastner will once again be exposed as a below average coach then I agree with you.

Reaction Score
There weren't going to suck with Nichols, and with their terrific recruiting class, they aren't going to suck without him. Pastner has plenty of flaws, but this team is ready to roll next year.
They should be solid and compete for a bid if they can win a couple good non-conference games.
If by ready to roll you mean Memphis will finish 6th place in the AAC, look very mediocre and Pastner will once again be exposed as a below average coach then I agree with you.
Pastner has proven to be below average but talent speaks for itself. They have a fantastic class coming in with 3 top 60 guys. Pair that with Goodwin and some other returning guys and I don't see them finishing lower than 5th in the AAC.

Reaction Score

I agree that Pastner sucks, but they have enough talent where they could win some big OOC games by accident and boost the profile of the conference. Oklahoma comes into their place to open the season, they should be a top ten team. If Memphis can win that game, suddenly they're getting respect nationally.

For the record, I don't think they dance...but they're at least a team UConn has to get out of bed to play, and the more of those teams we play in this conference, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom