Auriemma to serve as Lobo's presenter at her HOF enshrinement | The Boneyard

Auriemma to serve as Lobo's presenter at her HOF enshrinement

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By Carl Adamec |

USATSI_9984807_egycabar_0clnq5jr.jpg

WNBA former player Rebecca Lobo speaks as NBA former player Tracy McGrady listens during the Naismith Hall of Game Press Conference at University of Phoenix Stadium. (Joe Camporeale)
Could it have been anyone else?

Rebecca Lobo and Geno Auriemma are already linked together forever in University of Connecticut women's basketball history. The two will come together again in September when Lobo's place in hoop history becomes permanent.

Auriemma will serve as Lobo's presenter when she is enshrined in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts, in a ceremony at Springfield Symphony Hall on Sept. 8. A presenter must be a member of the Naismith Hall. Auriemma was inducted in his first year of eligibility in 2006.

"He's the only one I would ask," Lobo said Tuesday prior to working as analyst for the WNBA game between the Connecticut Sun and Los Angeles Sparks at Mohegan Sun Arena. "He's the only one I would want to be with me on stage. I wouldn't be up there if not for him."

[LINK]

Reaction Score
Last year, when I had the opportunity to tour Geno's office, I saw in his private bathroom a plaque given to him by Rebecca, which thanked him for putting up with "all her crap." I'm sure the feeling's mutual, and, now that she's grown into the remarkable adult she's become, I suspect she appreciates even more the complexities of life and, despite his "crap," his great and good influence.

Reaction Score
I have never been a fan of Geno's language with the Women or his public negative comments about them. TRULY Uconn isn't for all GREAT players.
It would appear that many after putting up with him for 4 years learned how to handle his words and public actions, much like my kids "put up with me".
.He is the only one I would want to be with me on stage. I wouldn't be up there if not for him."
So as Rebeca says: Daddy Geno-- What a lucky man.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Carl notes that there have been 10 women who have won at least one NCAA championship, at least one gold medal
and at least one WNBA championship. Of the 10...6 are Huskies...yikes!

Without reading the complete article can you name all 6? Harder question....without reading it can you name the 4 who are NOT former Huskies?

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Carl notes that there have been 10 women who have won at least one NCAA championship, at least one gold medal
and at least one WNBA championship. Of the 10...6 are Huskies...yikes!

Without reading the complete article can you name all 6? Harder question....without reading it can you name the 4 who are NOT former Huskies?

I'll take a swing...Candace Parker, Lisa Leslie, Brittney Griner, and Tamika Catchings?

Uconn: Maya, Tina, Diana, Sue, Swin, and I don't know.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll take a swing...Candace Parker, Lisa Leslie, Brittney Griner, and Tamika Catchings?

UConn: Maya, Tina, Diana, Sue, Swin, and I don't know.

UConn: Ashja Jones (of course I knew that)
Non UConn: Swoopes? I don't know about Parker, but definitely Catchings and Griner.

Reaction Score
Non UConn: Swoopes? I don't know about Parker, but definitely Catchings and Griner.
Definitely Parker. Two championships with the Vols, LA last year for WNBA, Gold in London

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I was about to put Ashja Jones but I only pictured her with the Connecticut Sun so I didn't think she had a WNBA championship...but I see now she was on the Lynx for their 2015 championship. So thanks!

Reaction Score
I have never been a fan of Geno's language with the Women or his public negative comments about them. TRULY UConn isn't for all GREAT players.

Language? Public negative comments???? Please... Geno keeps it real. It is showing how many people do not like for it to be real.

Reaction Score

UConn: Maya, Tina, Diana, Sue, Swin, and I don't know.

Tina has not won a WNBA title. I believe it is, in the order of who did it first to last :
Kara Wolter (Comets)
Swin Cash (shock)
Sue Bird (storm)
Diana Taurasi (Mercury)
Maya Moore (Lynx)
Ashja Jones (Lynx)

As for the other four I know Catchings and Parker have. Griner has not won a WNBA has she?

Reaction Score
Tina has not won a WNBA title. I believe it is, in the order of who did it first to last :
Kara Wolter (Comets)
Swin Cash (shock)
Sue Bird (storm)
Diana Taurasi (Mercury)
Maya Moore (Lynx)
Ashja Jones (Lynx)
As for the other four I know Catchings and Parker have. Griner has not won a WNBA has she?
Yes - 2014 Mercury

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Kara Wolter (Comets)
Swin Cash (shock)
Sue Bird (storm)
Diana Taurasi (Mercury)
Maya Moore (Lynx)
Ashja Jones (Lynx)

I always forget Kara Wolters. I just assume Tina has won everything, a bit of favoritism on my part...Oops. thank you!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Auriemma will serve as the sole presenter for Rebecca Lobo, the first of his former players to be enshrined in the Springfield Hall. He will then join former Boston Celtics star John Havlicek and former UCLA standout Ann Meyers as presenters for Tom Jernstedt.

The choice of a presenter is solely the decision of the incoming Hall of Famers, and a presenter must be a member of the Hall of Fame. Auriemma was inducted in his first year of eligibility in 2006. "He's the only one I would ask," Lobo said in June. "He's the only one I would want to be with me on stage. I wouldn't be up there if not for him."

Doesn't that sound just like Rebecca?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last year, when I had the opportunity to tour Geno's office, I saw in his private bathroom a plaque given to him by Rebecca, which thanked him for putting up with "all her crap." I'm sure the feeling's mutual, and, now that she's grown into the remarkable adult she's become, I suspect she appreciates even more the complexities of life and, despite his "crap," his great and good influence.

I'm just guessing. Did he have one of these?

triple roll.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom