Aubrey Griffin Starts Tonight !!!! | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin Starts Tonight !!!!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Had a feeling that was going to happen.

Reaction Score
Looks like she's starting to learn the offense. Or at least enough so it doesn't bog down. ?
How complex really are the Huskies' offensive schemes? Is UConn offense as complicated as professional basketball? I'm asking these questions because James Harden just delivered 32 points and a triple-double in his Brooklyn debut. Harden had 14 assists and 12 rebounds after getting off the flight from Houston and stepping onto the floor at Barclay's Center.
All this talk about Aubrey, Mir at all not understanding the UConn offense nor where to be on the court. I'm not buying it.
Basketball is basketball. If Harden can learn the Nets offense in less than an hour, then Mir and Aubrey and others know enough basketball to get more playing time based on their ability, not on some obscure playbook. No excuses!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How complex really are the Huskies' offensive schemes? Is UConn offense as complicated as professional basketball? I'm asking these questions because James Harden just delivered 32 points and a triple-double in his Brooklyn debut. Harden had 14 assists and 12 rebounds after getting off the flight from Houston and stepping onto the floor at Barclay's Center.
All this talk about Aubrey, Mir at all not understanding the UConn offense nor where to be on the court. I'm not buying it.
Basketball is basketball. If Harden can learn the Nets offense in less than an hour, then Mir and Aubrey and others know enough basketball to get more playing time based on their ability, not on some obscure playbook. No excuses!
Oh brother. SMH. I mean really Jingo (eh?)

Yes, UCONN's read and react motion offense is quite complicated. They don't just run "plays" per se. Each "play" may have a dozen or more options in it depending on what the defense does. And then all 5 players need to be reading it the same way. And yes it is as complicated as what the NBA runs. In fact in some cases more complicated than some of the offenses the NBA runs. A lot of NBA offense is isolation or pick and roll.

Now as for comparing Harden and Griffin/McClean. Seriously???? A Fr and So compared to a 12 veteran of the highest level in the world, 8 time NBA All-Star, Gold Medalist, NBA MVP, 3 time NBA scoring champion? I think Harden will do better in any offense.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
James Harden is an abomination to the sport of basketball but I digress! The main reason James Harden can walk off a plane and put up those numbers is because he's had hundreds of of games in that system. It is the Mike D System which not only has James Harden been playing in for the last few years it is also the same system that the head coach of BKY Nets Steve Nash played in and won two MVPs-But again I digress. I would think someone who has touted "coaching" for the best HS program ever-CTK could readily answer the questions you have posed.
hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Reaction Score
Harden played with KD for years in OKC. And KD is basically the Nets’ coach (and hired Steve Nash as his assistant), so they just did their thing.

Reaction Score

Yes, UCONN's read and react motion offense is quite complicated. They don't just run "plays" per se. Each "play" may have a dozen or more options in it depending on what the defense does. And then all 5 players need to be reading it the same way. And yes it is as complicated as what the NBA runs. In fact in some cases more complicated than some of the offenses the NBA runs. A lot of NBA offense is isolation or pick and roll.

Now as for comparing Harden and Griffin/McClean. Seriously???? A Fr and So compared to a 12 veteran of the highest level in the world, 8 time NBA All-Star, Gold Medalist, NBA MVP, 3 time NBA scoring champion? I think Harden will do better in any offense.
I love watching Harden's Offense. Defense is another story for Harden.....

I like all 12 of our players to execute better defense than Harden's "I will play occasional" defense...

Reaction Score
Now that Griffin is in the starting lineup [& IMHO there to stay for at least this year], she is a serious contender for the Defensive Player of the year, as are ONO & Westbrook. CW showed some tenacity as well in the last 4 seconds of the first half, which set the tone for the second half.
It's a beautiful day when you can hold the opposing team to 35 points for a game, and only 15 in the second half when your 6th through 11th getting plenty of playing time [71+ minutes among the 6 non-starters].

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Now that Griffin is in the starting lineup [& IMHO there to stay for at least this year], she is a serious contender for the Defensive Player of the year, as are ONO & Westbrook. CW showed some tenacity as well in the last 4 seconds of the first half, which set the tone for the second half.
It's a beautiful day when you can hold the opposing team to 35 points for a game, and only 15 in the second half when your 6th through 11th getting plenty of playing time [71+ minutes among the 6 non-starters].
If you are talking National DPOY that’s unlikely. To win NDPOY you first have to win your conference DPOY. Liv should win it for the BE based mostly on her shot blocking where she is among the National leaders. The defending NDPOY ( Didi Richards) is still out there defending at a very high rate. McDonald from Arizon is also out there should Didi falter.

Reaction Score
James Harden is an abomination to the sport of basketball but I digress! The main reason James Harden can walk off a plane and put up those numbers is because he's had hundreds of of games in that system. It is the Mike D System which not only has James Harden been playing in for the last few years it is also the same system that the head coach of BKY Nets Steve Nash played in and won two MVPs-But again I digress. I would think someone who has touted "coaching" for the best HS program ever-CTK could readily answer the questions you have posed.
hey arnold nicksplat GIF
Sure similar system [perhaps] but DIFFERENT teammates, eh?

Reaction Score

I was never comparing Harden vs Griffin/McClean .. it was silly of you to come up with that idea, eh?
Rather, I was pointing out the complexities of the UConn offense vs the NBA. My point was that the UConn offense is not that complicated as my analogy proves.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was never comparing Harden vs Griffin/McClean .. it was silly of you to come up with that idea, eh?
Rather, I was pointing out the complexities of the UConn offense vs the NBA. My point was that the UConn offense is not that complicated as my analogy proves.
No, you DID compare Harden and Griffin/McLean.

And you were wrong about the offenses also. As explained.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sure similar system [perhaps] but DIFFERENT teammates, eh?
No exact same system, exact same coaches at least one teammate the same in KD

Reaction Score
Aubrey did well against a High School Team last night
Let's hope she keeps it up.

Reaction Score
No exact same system, exact same coaches at least one teammate the same in KD
Not at all .. Coach Nash and Harden are polar opposites in [basketball] team philosophy, eh?

System is different, coaches are different but I'll give you KD... :)

Reaction Score
Great point!

Reaction Score
Not at all .. Coach Nash and Harden are polar opposites in [basketball] team philosophy, eh?

System is different, coaches are different but I'll give you KD... :)
Um. Even without all the system and teammate discussion, the fact is that James Harden has played 841 regular season and 128 playoff NBA games. Do you really think that with all of that basketball experience at the highest level of the game, JH's ability to walk off the plane and play a great game for a new team can serve any type of indication for what a college underclassman like Aubrey Griffin should be able to do? I don't...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Um. Even without all the system and teammate discussion, the fact is that James Harden has played 841 regular season and 128 playoff NBA games. Do you really think that with all of that basketball experience at the highest level of the game, JH's ability to walk off the plane and play a great game for a new team can serve any type of indication for what a college underclassman like Aubrey Griffin should be able to do? I don't...
But I think our Defense at this moment is better than the Brooklyn Nets. ??

Reaction Score

I agree that the NBA is the highest level in the world with the most talented players, but having said that, why then, are they not made to play by the most basic rules of the game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom