Attending The Big East Tournament | The Boneyard

Attending The Big East Tournament

Reaction Score
Not wanting to debate the new move but speaking purely as a basketball fans perspective going back to the BE is the jolt that us fans needed.
For any new or older fan or current students who have never been to a BE tourney you need to make every effort to attend games or sessions. I’ve been fortunate to attend the tourney many times.The atmosphere in MSG is like no other in college basketball. Especially on a Friday or Saturday night.

Whether it was sitting mid court 10 rows up for the 2004 final, UConn fans serinating BC fans as they were losing their final BE game before heading to a new conference, haggling with scalpers for tickets, almost coming to blows with GTown fans in the mid 90’s in the elevator because of “differences” when debating if Ray was better than Iverson,taking the train down to the city,hitting the arena bars,the adjacent Fridays or going down to The Village to get soused at McSorleys Pub or staying across the street at The Hotel Pennsylvania which made motel 6 look like a 5 star hotel all of these memories were because of the BE tourney.

Yes, PITT and Cuse are gone but I can see the Villanova rivalry taking center stage.UConn fans ruled The Garden then and I look forward to seeing that again.
Go Huskies !

Reaction Score
I can see it now.... Hurley & co. Big East Tournament Game 1 at MSG:

1EC5E2D5-422A-4848-A130-140DA315EDB1.gif

Reaction Score
How are Xavier and Butler set up with their new coaches? Are they good hires? Don't know much about them. Will these programs still be good in the future?

Reaction Score
How are Xavier and Butler set up with their new coaches? Are they good hires? Don't know much about them. Will these programs still be good in the future?
One early 2019 pre season poll had Xavier 3rd behind SH and Villanova.

I see us being much better than them but can’t sleep on GTown in a couple of years. Remains to be seen if Ewing and Orr can succeed but they will still have Okinjo ( assuming he doesn’t go pro early) , McClung and LeBlanc along with all of his 2019 bigs including Wahab who will have a year of grooming when we go against them.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It's so crazy to think about how UConn and Butler are going to be in the same conference.

It felt like 2 teams from different universes in the 2011 championship.

Reaction Score
Not wanting to debate the new move but speaking purely as a basketball fans perspective going back to the BE is the jolt that us fans needed.
For any new or older fan or current students who have never been to a BE tourney you need to make every effort to attend games or sessions. I’ve been fortunate to attend the tourney many times.The atmosphere in MSG is like no other in college basketball. Especially on a Friday or Saturday night.

Whether it was sitting mid court 10 rows up for the 2004 final, UConn fans serinating BC fans as they were losing their final BE game before heading to a new conference, haggling with scalpers for tickets, almost coming to blows with GTown fans in the mid 90’s in the elevator because of “differences” when debating if Ray was better than Iverson,taking the train down to the city,hitting the arena bars,the adjacent Fridays or going down to The Village to get soused at McSorleys Pub or staying across the street at The Hotel Pennsylvania which made motel 6 look like a 5 star hotel all of these memories were because of the BE tourney.

Yes, PITT and Cuse are gone but I can see the Villanova rivalry taking center stage.UConn fans ruled The Garden then and I look forward to seeing that again.
Go Huskies !
You are so right. Newbies have never experienced the excitement of a BE tourny. Also, playing St. Johns, in MSG will be great.

Reaction Score

Go Huskies !
Not only the BE Tourny. Great to be playing St. Johns in the garden again. Also, playing GTOWN with EWING on the sidelines. Will be wonderful !

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Isn’t the Big 10 trying to get the rights to MSG? When does the contract expire for the BE?

Reaction Score
Welcome back gang... having seen X and Butler up close and you guys as well... my initial guess is you would probably come around the lower middle to lower part of the pack (as of now). Obviously, a lot will change before you start play again, but, thats my read based on what I saw last year.

BE had a down year last year, but a lot of talent this year. X is positioned very well, good recruits and strong core back. Steele was a good hire. Butler, jury still out. Always tough at Hi kle though.

Next year, we will be very talented, deep and YOUNG. No seniors. Seton hall will be really good.

Looking forward to the BE tourney again with you guys there. Always a blast. Allen vs Kittles, man, those were some epic games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Isn’t the Big 10 trying to get the rights to MSG? When does the contract expire for the BE?
I thought they just re-upped? Anyway, the BET with UConn is better than the B10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom