Attendance | The Boneyard

Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
any idea how many were at tonight's game?

Reaction Score
I was wondering the same thing. Didn't see it tweeted earlier

Reaction Score
@DaveBorges: Attendance 9,514. Again, seemed like more than that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
@DaveBorges: Attendance 9,514. Again, seemed like more than that.

Probably not too far off. Whenever they showed the wide lens it looked like the lower section was 80% full and the upper section was sparsely popultated. I was thinking no more than 10k.

Reaction Score
I said 10-11k my friends said boat show its like 7k. We were both right?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Did they really say boat show? Cuz that would be awesome to call each other by our user names offline

Reaction Score
Loudest 9500 people I've ever heard though. To those who were there: we did great tonight
I said in another thread that tonight's showing was small but my god was it loud knowledgeable and passionate. I thank lower lights and beer

Reaction Score
I mean it was pretty pathetic for a Friday night vs our "rival" but at least we were loud. Loved the students yelling you suck at the cinci band.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I was at the game and can say that if those in the upper sections were able to move down to the lower sections, the lower section would have been filled so I'd say there were about 10,000 there. However, the crowd was loud and on their feet (no hand sitters......) and really helped the team pull out the win. I think the late start might have kept some families home. I expect the crowd to be bigger tomorrow and hopefully just as loud as tonight. We need to give them every advantage possible tomorrow. I can't go tomorrow but will be there Sunday if we beat Tulsa and Dave Leitao. How loud did the crowd seem on tv? One thing I will say is, the refs sucked. It seemed like everytime the crowd got really loud when UCONN was on defense, the refs immediately called a bogus foul. Almost like they were intentionally trying to take the crowd out of the game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That was honestly one of the better XL crowds I've ever had the privilege to be a part of. Everyone who was there knew how much it meant, everyone was loud, everyone was on their feet throughout. If you were there, you knew the role you had to play in helping get them over the finish line.

15 box office windows were 10 deep on the way out, so hope it keeps growing tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I'm glad a lot of fans showed up today. The Big East Tourney has a strong crowd also. About 15k down at MSG today.

Hopefully tomorrow even more Connecticut fans show up.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and can say that if those in the upper sections were able to move down to the lower sections, the lower section would have been filled so I'd say there were about 10,000 there. However, the crowd was loud and on their feet (no hand sitters.) and really helped the team pull out the win. I think the late start might have kept some families home. I expect the crowd to be bigger tomorrow and hopefully just as loud as tonight. We need to give them every advantage possible tomorrow. I can't go tomorrow but will be there Sunday if we beat Tulsa and Dave Leitao. How loud did the crowd seem on tv? One thing I will say is, the refs sucked. It seemed like everytime the crowd got really loud when UCONN was on defense, the refs immediately called a bogus foul. Almost like they were intentionally trying to take the crowd out of the game.

Frank Haith is the Coach of Tulsa. Kind of sleazy. Coached Miami when they were being investigated. Coached Missouri last year. He "quit" to take the Tulsa job when Danny Manning stepped down. At Haith's Press Conference he didn't know the name of the Conference. He called it "Atlantic Something........" I don't know what happened to Leitao after he lost the Virginia job.

Edit: I wiki'd Leitao and you are right, he is one of Haith's assistants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC