Attendance & Score Prediction vs. Tulsa

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The good guys 34
Tulsa 27

Attendance

Reaction Score
We have way too many threads about game week, but it's okay because it distracts me from my day even more. In a previous thread:

Looking forward to this see how this one plays out. This might be the first game all year where our defense doesn't allow more than 300 yards passing because Tulsa loves to run the ball so much. They are 11th in the country at rushing yards/game at 272 yards and averaging 172 yards a game threw the air. Believe it or not, their defense has been worse than ours, giving up 561 yards a game. This might be a fun game for Mensah to really break out (please no runs up the middle for Newsome).

I don't know what strategy Lashlee will use because Tulsa's run, run, and run offense will keep our offense off the field (they're going to hurt our secondary on play action) and keep our terrible defense on the field. Do we want to copy them and eat the clock or do we run our fast offense?

Hoping a Home Game for UConn makes the difference here. UConn 35-Tulsa 31, but I can also see Tulsa winning 38-28.

Game Crowd:26,500

Reaction Score
Tulsa 35 UConn 18, this will be an offense unlike UConn has seen this season and the D will have trouble with it. Attendance 17,526.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is the only game this weekend with an O/U over 70 (75.5).

Because Vegas knows its job, I'm going with:
Team A: 35
Team B: 41

Reaction Score
Jesus, if we can't get 24k people in the building then its kind of pitiful. Everyone likes a winner, but if all we have is fair weather fans then kiss my @ss moving anywhere from the AAC. If the traffic on this board is representative of UConn FB support ,then interst and attendance is approaching dismal.

App State draws better than us. Wow.

Reaction Score
Jesus, if we can't get 24k people in the building then its kind of pitiful. Everyone likes a winner, but if all we have is fair weather fans then kiss my @ss moving anywhere from the AAC. If the traffic on this board is representative of UConn FB support ,then interst and attendance is approaching dismal.

App State draws better than us. Wow.

Sorry, but you just won't see a big turn out for a losing team in the Northeast. It will never happen. I see poorly attended P5 games every week. This is nothing new at all but the upper echelon P5 stadiums. You'll see Maryland, Georgia Tech and many others with half full stadiums regularly.

UConn fans want to win big, that's what we are used to. Fortunately, 24k to see a 2-4 team play Tulsa is actually pretty good. If we were 4-2, we'd probably have 35k for Tulsa, which would be great in all honesty. I am pretty heartened by the attendance considering the s*** show we've been seeing for years and the conference change.

Reaction Score
Yes I know our conference sucks, and we are not playing great games. But if our devil rival gets 42,000 facing Clemson, and we think 23k on the rebound versus Tulsa - I'm not sure what to say. Maybe 28,500 warching us maybe winning will make me happy.

Hey its fall, we have a real coach, just beat Temple, great weather - just show up and hope for fun. Try to accept that we are reliving the RE1 dream - you know the one where we went BCS, after beating USC, ND, Pitt - the Glory Days.

Now back to your regular scheduled program of BYers bitching at each other.

I for one, although Pal at say different, still believe, yes- its fun to watch. and I understand tis a 2/3 year process. But lets get a bit of a buzz this year. A win here would help.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom