Attendance for URI guess? | The Boneyard

Attendance for URI guess?

Reaction Score
15,000. But who really cares? I was worried about attendance but now I realize that nobody being there may help our cause. If we are going to play big time football, we need to have a competent team. If we don’t have a competent team then fans should feel no obligation to waste their money on tickets. I do it as a form of charity, but that’s just a choice I make.

If people like me stop wasting their money, we might drop football or we just might get really serious about winning at football. I’m not sure filling the stands to see this horror show actually helps. It may be more enabling in the end. I just don’t know anymore.

I will say, I think Randy will turn this around, but it is going to be a challenge. He needs the school to let him bring in pretty much anyone with a pulse that can help us win games. I want some of those fringe kids like Boise has. Randy is the perfect guy to mold them into good men anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the weather is good it will be what it normally is for early season good weather games. If the weather is bad no one will go

Reaction Score
022.jpg

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I won’t be there, I’ve got a wedding in New Hampshire. I’m so happy I can’t go

Reaction Score
I don’t know but I am no longer bringing first timers to the games as my guests. It will ruin any desire of theirs to go in the future. I’ll wait until we have a high octane offense and the bandwagon starts filling up

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Same. I have a conference in Austin. Normally, I watch the game on my IPad while at my meetings. Doubt I will this week.

Yeah I’m probably just going to try to go out and enjoy the afternoon. I’m not watching UConn get smoked on my laptop when I’m in the White Mtns. Gotta have fun. Hope Austin is a good time!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
80,000!!!! 79,000 Husky fans 1 URI fan

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Same. I have a conference in Austin. Normally, I watch the game on my IPad while at my meetings. Doubt I will this week.

I am surprised people don't want to watch this game. To me, it's the first game to really see where this team is at physically and mentally. Obviously, URI isn't a top foe, but finally they won't face a highly experienced, high octane team. The offenses of Boise and UCF are as good as any in the country. Ridiculous teams to face with true freshman all over the field.

When PP and BD were here, when UConn played FCS teams is when they were at their worst. They didn't look motivated...they were sloppy....they gave you no hope that the team actually could play well. If RE has this team listening at all...hopefully we see passion on the field and an ability to assert their will against what should be an inferior opponent.

If they come out flat and look disinterested...then we know we have a big problem with this team. I am hoping to see some fire, energy and hopefully domination on the field. I know domination would be stretch...but at least showing they are the better athletes...and have the better coaches.

And...I am hopeful Washington will play....I am curious with what we have in him.

I am interesting to watch.

Reaction Score
If it was 23,081 for UCF, I'm guessing right around 20,000 for this one.

Reaction Score
I'll be at Wesleyan for their season opener, unfortunately.

Some of us have don't have enough time for this ineptitude.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom