Atta Boy, Danny | The Boneyard

Atta Boy, Danny

Reaction Score
Only thing I’ll nitpick is that he started Bouk in the second half (good) but had him covering Duke so he had to chase him around and spend a lot of energy. No harm done since we pulled away, but I was worried that if we got stuck in a close game, we‘d have Bouk with less than a full tank and might have to cut his minutes after wasting too much of it on the defensive end.

But he might have had a reason for it — trying to set a tone and show Bouk he wasn’t being coddled. And since it worked, it’s obviously just a nitpick.

Reaction Score
Only thing I’ll nitpick is that he started Bouk in the second half (good) but had him covering Duke so he had to chase him around and spend a lot of energy. No harm done since we pulled away, but I was worried that if we got stuck in a close game, we‘d have Bouk with less than a full tank and might have to cut his minutes after wasting too much of it on the defensive end.

But he might have had a reason for it — trying to set a tone and show Bouk he wasn’t being coddled. And since it worked, it’s obviously just a nitpick.
I think we won the game with our defensive effort in the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half, so I think it was worth it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think we won the game with our defensive effort in the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half, so I think it was worth it.

Defensive intensity is back. Offense obviously better, but defense sets the tone for what we do.

Reaction Score
I think it’s funny. Easy to say great coaching when we win. That said I am so happy with last two games. But I do not think it had anything to do with coaching.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I can't get over how much different our offense looks the last two games. Even without Bouk our ball movement has been terrific.

We are screening a lot more for guys off the ball, giving the passer someone open to pass to. It’s night and day the results of setting a screen for a shooter coming open on the wing vs screening Sanogo for Cole 30 feet from the hoop twice every possession.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom