Atlanta Dream hand LA Sparks first road loss | The Boneyard

Atlanta Dream hand LA Sparks first road loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I found this game immensely entertaining. When I heard that Sancho Lyttle had been lost for the season to a broken foot, I thought they would have no chance against LA. When I saw Angel McCoughtry pick up her 3rd foul just 6 minutes into the game, I thought it was destined to be a blowout.

But somehow, Atlanta found a way. They killed LA with balance: six players scored 9 or more points. Layshia Clarendon was simply outstanding at PG and seemed to be everywhere. Tiffany Hayes continues to impress far beyond what I ever thought she would achieve in the pros. McCoughtry played an outstanding second half after spending most of the first half on the bench.

Another thing that struck me is how remarkably similar Candace Parker's stat line was to Stewie's in their respective games last night:
Parker: 22 pts, 9 rebs, 5 assists, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 0 blocks
Stewart: 22 pts, 8 rebs, 6 assists, 0 steals, 2 turnovers, 5 blocks

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I found this game immensely entertaining. When I heard that Sancho Lyttle had been lost for the season to a broken foot, I thought they would have no chance against LA. When I saw Angel McCoughtry pick up her 3rd foul just 6 minutes into the game, I thought it was destined to be a blowout.

But somehow, Atlanta found a way. They killed LA with balance: six players scored 9 or more points. Layshia Clarendon was simply outstanding at PG and seemed to be everywhere. Tiffany Hayes continues to impress far beyond what I ever thought she would achieve in the pros. McCoughtry played an outstanding second half after spending most of the first half on the bench.

Another thing that struck me is how remarkably similar Candace Parker's stat line was to Stewie's in their respective games last night:
Parker: 22 pts, 9 rebs, 5 assists, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 0 blocks
Stewart: 22 pts, 8 rebs, 6 assists, 0 steals, 2 turnovers, 5 blocks
Bria Holmes also had a nice game-man Geno really missed out by not recruiting her! :cool:
That CP flagrant on Tiff, payback or Nah?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Bria Holmes also had a nice game-man Geno really missed out by not recruiting her! :cool:
That CP flagrant on Tiff, payback or Nah?

Oh thank you, I forgot to mention that -- Bria Holmes replaced Sancho in the starting lineup and did a more than admirable job. Seriously, I cannot remember another year where so many rookies have had a major impact on their team.

I really don't think CP meant anything. The replay showed that she was backing up and inadvertently stepped on Tiffany's foot, which caused her to lose her balance. I really think she threw her right arm up as a result of losing her balance, and I just think it just happened to hit Hayes in the face.

Reaction Score
Hey, kudos to Tiffany!

14 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 blocked shot. And I'm not sure whom she was guarding, but their star guard Kristi Toliver was just 2 for 12 shooting, while their other starting guard Alana Beard was just 2 for 7. Someone did a number on LA's guards. Tiff?

Good game, but what we've all come to expect out of our UConn kids!!

Way to go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS