Atlanta Dream @ Chicago Sky - 5/23/18 | The Boneyard

Atlanta Dream @ Chicago Sky - 5/23/18

Reaction Score
Untitled.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Late in the 3rd, 0-1 Atlanta is putting a hurt on 2-0 Chicago, 57-37. The Sky are shooting under 30%. Diamond is 2-8. The Dream are led by one TipHayes, with 19.

Reaction Score
Tiffany Hayes..never have I seen her play better. Catlike drives, solid from the outside and good hustle with steals and deflections. Very impressive. Determined. Hayes and Sykes each played like it’s their team. Good sign for Angel and the Dream.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiffany Hayes..never have I seen her play better. Catlike drives, solid from the outside and good hustle with steals and deflections. Very impressive. Determined.
Her outside shot isn’t always this good, but Tiff always hustles and may have the best first step in the league. She was an All-Star last year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, Vandersloot may have established herself as the best PG in W last season, you have to expect the Sky will be struggling until they get her back.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I guess those who were ready to coronate DD were perhaps a bit premature. Everything will shake out in the end.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Nice pass. A little behind Stef, but Big Mama has good hands.
Looks like the corner trap on DD failed on that one attempt. It also worked well on other tries.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I guess those who were ready to coronate DD were perhaps a bit premature

Well, of course. She is a rookie. She will have her ups and downs. So will Gabby.

Chicago had a rotten night in general. Plenty of blame to go around. The only person who you could say had good game is maybe Quigley.

I really hope people aren't going to use every Sky loss as an excuse to bash Diamond.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Well, of course. She is a rookie. She will have her ups and downs. So will Gabby.

Chicago had a rotten night in general. Plenty of blame to go around. The only person who you could say had good game is maybe Quigley.

I really hope people aren't going to use every Sky loss as an excuse to bash Diamond.
People bash DD out of rote. The truth is it takes a lot for an inconsistent player in college to become a consistent player at the pro level. A lot. It takes a change of mindset and a ton of work in the gym/weight room. A lot of work. It takes a lot for a consistent player in college to be consistent in the pros. To say she's a rookie and she'll have her ups and downs is obvious. All rookies do. I've never been a DD basher. I just think she's a highly athletic player that will have a hard time ever being consistent on the offensive end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom