Athlon's 2018 UConn Football Preview and Prediction | The Boneyard

Athlon's 2018 UConn Football Preview and Prediction

Reaction Score
UConn Football: 2018 Huskies Preview and Prediction

>>Final Analysis: The thought is that UConn will be better, with so many first-year players debuting last season and now returning, but that doesn't mean an improved record should be expected. The Huskies aren't quite big enough, strong enough or fast enough on either side of the line, and players at skill positions remain very raw. Barring a big surprise, UConn appears headed for an eighth straight losing season.<<

NATIONAL RANKING: 117
AAC EAST PREDICTION: 5

Reaction Score
That might be right but Randy Edsall seems surprisingly upbeat whenever he speaks about this team. This is sort of where I see them too. Better but not good. Then I hear or read some comment from Edsall and I wonder if everyone is underestimating what we have.

Reaction Score
That might be right but Randy Edsall seems surprisingly upbeat whenever he speaks about this team. This is sort of where I see them too. Better but not good. Then I hear or read some comment from Edsall and I wonder if everyone is underestimating what we have.

This is where I am too. I can be an eternal optimist to a fault though, so I’m letting the realist in me manage my expectations until proven otherwise.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Strongly disagree with the "both sides of the line" comment. The team has plenty of flaws, but the offensive line will be a strength.

Yeah, our o line will be the best it has been since RE 1. 0 I think. D line may be the worst we’ve seen in years. Linebackers may be pretty darn bad too...sorta hinges on how Hahn and Beavers look. MLB should be weak.

Reaction Score
UConn Football: 2018 Huskies Preview and Prediction

>>Final Analysis: The thought is that UConn will be better, with so many first-year players debuting last season and now returning, but that doesn't mean an improved record should be expected. The Huskies aren't quite big enough, strong enough or fast enough on either side of the line, and players at skill positions remain very raw. Barring a big surprise, UConn appears headed for an eighth straight losing season.<<

NATIONAL RANKING: 117
AAC EAST PREDICTION: 5

Anyone know what this is?
Tackling fuel.

Reaction Score
Fair assessment. To me, the success of the season will rely solely on how well the secondary performs. If it clicks on all cylinders, they will surprise a few teams.

Reaction Score
Even the coaches can get a little bit fooled by the relative talent they see practicing against each other day after day. But Randy is no spring chicken in terms of evaluating players and who can fault him for a little optimism. I respect what they do and the logic is correct. But fortunately for our guys games are played on the field not in a magazine. The D is a huge questionmark as we are aware.

Reaction Score
We have plowed this ground a million times now. These analysts are reading BY and regurgitating it back to us. We have two months to get through. Let's try to do that as gracefully as possible at which point the student athletes will show us what the reality really is. Wake me up on August 28, please.

Reaction Score
Fair assessment. To me, the success of the season will rely solely on how well the secondary performs. If it clicks on all cylinders, they will surprise a few teams.
The secondary will bring some experience from last season to the table and I think will perform better than last season, possibly a lot better if the defensive line and linebackers can put more pressure on opposing QB's than they did last year when opposing QB'S had time for coffee on every down and Fortt, Coyle, Terry and Herring-Wilson delt with passing attacks that just overwhelmed them. I'm hopefully optimistic that the D line will be better and if it is then the secondary will shine with more interceptions, and hopefully more than the one pick six (Coyle) we had last year. If the first year freshman and the Miami grad transfer can make an impact on the DLine and LB's then this season could be a pleasant surprise.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score

they have done that since the program moved to the fbs, this is nothing new. We just have to prove them wrong again lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom