Athletic directors planning for NCAA being unable to cover financial losses of canceled March Madness. | The Boneyard

Athletic directors planning for NCAA being unable to cover financial losses of canceled March Madness.

Reaction Score

>The association has $250 million to $275 million in business-interruption insurance connected to the tournament, the ADs and administrators have been told, but it is unclear how quickly that money would come to the NCAA – or how much. These types of insurance claims can bog down in a variety of disputes, and catastrophic-event insurance markets are likely to be under stress because of the global pandemic.

The association depends on the basketball tournament for nearly all of its roughly $1.1 billion in normal annual revenue.

During a fiscal year ending Aug. 31, 2020, the NCAA had been scheduled to collect $827 million just from its long-term multimedia and marketing rights agreement with CBS and Turner, according to the association’s recently released audited financial statement. That statement attributed $170 million in non-CBS/Turner revenue for fiscal 2019 to “championships and NIT tournaments,” with a sizable portion of that likely coming from the men’s basketball tournament.

The NCAA’s 2020 Revenue Distribution Plan calls for the association to make payouts to Division I schools from April 15 through June 10. Just over $220 million in payments are scheduled for April 15, but those may be delayed.

Reaction Score
Yea, I doubt those under investigation are running to help bail out the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Yeah in another thread I said:
The insurance company is going to pay out a billion dollars?

Didn't think so. NCAA is kinda screwed here, because they had to cancel. Wouldn't be surprised if they cancel D3 sports for a year.

Reaction Score
This is the problem with the NCAA revenue model. Basketball funds the NCAA. Football funds the P5 schools.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Does the NCAA or UConn make any money from showing reruns of our 6 OT game, the Scotty to Tate pass to win, Ray dunking on Iverson etc. I have watched them all recently on TV

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom