Athletic Complex Design/Layout | The Boneyard

Athletic Complex Design/Layout

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It seems to keep evolving... that new “plaza” area is new.

Reaction Score
It seems to keep evolving... that new “plaza” area is new.

It will probably keep evolving until they actually stick some shovels in the ground. It would seem that the new layout allows them to have a joint ticketing area for both baseball and soccer.

Interesting they report on what items have been donated to in the various facilities. Remember, it was reported recently that Matt Barnes and Nick Ahmed contributed to the baseball facility. I wonder if any of their donations made it into the Named Space portion of the baseball facility.

Reaction Score
Why not move the football practice fields next to the football facility?

Reaction Score
I looked at the layout of the new fields and they make no sense. They are neither financially or athletically sound.

Reaction Score
I looked at the layout of the new fields and they make no sense. They are neither financially or athletically sound.

In what way?

Asking in all seriousness, not trying to be confrontational

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does this version seem scaled back? I feel like the earlier concepts were more ambitious.

Reaction Score
Does this version seem scaled back? I feel like the earlier concepts were more ambitious.

Since moving across the way - it looks like the orientation of the “amenities” has changed from previous renderings (right field to left field):

From a previous thread:
Another invite for the unveiling of plans for a new baseball stadium - this was included.
View attachment 13475

CL82

Reaction Score
Since moving across the way - it looks like the orientation of the “amenities” has changed from previous renderings (right field to left field):

From a previous thread:
Maybe it is just the rendering, but this looks much more impressive.
uconn-baseball-jpg.13475

CL82

Reaction Score
...than this.
capital-proj-baseball.jpg

Reaction Score
In previous design renderings, the soccer and and the baseball facilities were not right next to each other. Now that they are, the two facilities are able share some joint space. For instance, I'm sure now in the new design that things like concessions and ticket booths will both share the same space for both facilities. This sharing of these items is sure to cut down on duplication, and in the end reduce costs as well. It's a good idea given that UConn is always on a tight budget when it comes to improvements to athletic facilities.

As for donating to the enhancement fund, I've been making annual donations to both the baseball and soccer stadium enhancement funds for a number of years now. It would be great if others could and are able to do that as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With this new apparent design of having the soccer and baseball facilities right next to each other, I wonder if this changes the schedule in any way. Before, both soccer teams were scheduled to keep playing on campus throughout the duration of the project, while the baseball team would have to play off campus for the 2019 season before returning to campus for the 2020 season. With the facilities now being built right next to each other, will this change?

Reaction Score
I was told by someone in the athletic department that the soil conditions are the main driver in where the fields are being placed. But this makes little sense to me. This latest version makes a little more sense. But I still think the football practice field belongs out the back door of the Scheck and that the whole soccer complex should move to the top of the hill where the football practice field are now located. It would also make sense to put baseball and softball back to back so they could share some hitting cages and plumbing.

Reaction Score
what does reserved mean? and what is the Athletic Village?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom