OT: at MD v Georgetown | The Boneyard

OT: at MD v Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh, the perks of being a student. Free admission without a ticket and great seats. Also free wi-fi for my iPod. I'm incognito in a free Tshirt they were passing out.

Thus far, I'd say Maryland is more organized on defense than offense, and Georgetown is just plain nervous or disorganized. A little sloppy. There is talent here, but the refs have called fouls 5 to 1 in favor of MD. If Georgetown settles down a little this should be a good game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
G'town won twice and was the better team last year. Maryland seems to have more talent this year. The coaching, on the other hand, ....

Reaction Score
Well, one of MD's offensive sets seems to be "play hot potato until the shot clock is almost gone, then pray #1 (I don't have a program, so I don't know who these girls are) can create something resembling a shot or #21 can grab the rebound if she misses." it does work more than you might think.

They've also missed some fast break opportunities for not knowing when to pass it and when not to.

UMD up 34-26 at half.

Also, are all students this annoying? Our undergrads here are loud and rude, and so is the pep band.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, one of MD's offensive sets seems to be "play hot potato until the shot clock is almost gone, then pray #1 (I don't have a program, so I don't know who these girls are) can create something resembling a shot or #21 can grab the rebound if she misses." it does work more than you might think.

They've also missed some fast break opportunities for not knowing when to pass it and when not to.

UMD up 34-26 at half.

Also, are all students this annoying? Our undergrads here are loud and rude, and so is the pep band.
Undergrads are loud and rude at men's games in a lot of places. Maryland and Duke are among them, but there are lots of others.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

UMD up 34-26 at half.

They are the rudest and crudest fans in women's basketball.

Reaction Score

Oh, the undergrads here who like volleyball are ruder, which is kind of funny because our v-ball team is pretty bad.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

As well as in men's college basketball. Not sure about football, but i wouldnt put it past them.

I hate to pull for UMD in anything, but i guess a win over a ranked opponent is good for the ACC.

Reaction Score

But that's an easy prize to win.

You underestimate Maryland fans - they have a bad reputation in all college sports, though I'd have to check whether that holds true in fencing and polo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom