At Marquette | The Boneyard

At Marquette

Reaction Score
At Marquette feels like a huge game for a number of reasons. Hurley needs to show he can win these really tough conference road games. Marquette is good and should be ranked. Their losses earlier in the season to Purdue and Wisconsin could've gone either way and they look even better right now. This is an athletic and dynamic team that will look to run with us. If we win this one we're taking the next three after with a huge home matchup revenge game against Xavier with a rocking Gampel.

Wednesday's game will say a lot about this team.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It will be another very tough road game

The top conference teams remain unbeaten at home

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Going 3-2 instead of 2-3 during this 5 game stretch would be huge for us going forward. Marquette seems to be very good, and they can score buckets quickly. Hopefully the team learned something from the recent losses as we can expect another hostile crowd. You think UConn will be favored or not ?

caw

Reaction Score
Marquette hasn’t drawn a ton of FTs this season doesn’t shoot them well.

Their bread and butter is their two point field goal percentage (60%) which is 4th in the country. Their shooting efficiency is pretty darn good.

They are on the high side for threes taken but middle of the pack for % made.

They steal the ball a lot. They don’t block a lot of shots and they don’t rebound particularly well.

Need to defend the paint and not make stupid turnovers.

Reaction Score
They won at Marquette last year but that was right before Xmas break in the wake of COVID going off again and UConn was not nearly as highly ranked so I don't recall it being a raucous environment.

While students are still off I do think it will be a more hostile environment this year (somewhere between Florida and Xavier).

Given how few Q1 games are left on the docket after this game (4 rest of season including this contest), this would go a long way to securing a 1 seed an the coveted Albany to MSG pathway to a Final Four.

Reaction Score
At Marquette feels like a huge game for a number of reasons. Hurley needs to show he can win these really tough conference road games. Marquette is good and should be ranked. Their losses earlier in the season to Purdue and Wisconsin could've gone either way and they look even better right now. This is an athletic and dynamic team that will look to run with us. If we win this one we're taking the next three after with a huge home matchup revenge game against Xavier with a rocking Gampel.

The team, not Hurley, has to show they can win these games

Reaction Score
Important game not just for Hurley to win against a good conference opponent on the road, but also probably a close game as well plus it helps to solidify uconn as a threat to win the conference and separates them from the middle of the pack. Important in so many ways.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I was not impressed with Marquette's defense, but they can really score.

It's going to be fun!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I suspect it will be a good game for Clingan defensively. His bread and butter is being a huge body blocking shots.by the rim... Marquette eats at the rim. Should be fun.

In that case he can't waste fouls running and jumping to block 3 point jumpers.

That first foul yesterday was a killer. He picked upbhisbecond fouls six seconds later and Sanogo's 4-5 minutes rest was gone and Sanogo was back on the court.

DC played well yesterday. He would have brought down the house with that one-handed grab off the lob pass.

I'm close to 50/50 thinking he rips down a stansion before he is done at UConn.

Reaction Score
Important game not just for Hurley to win against a good conference opponent on the road, but also probably a close game as well plus it helps to solidify uconn as a threat to win the conference and separates them from the middle of the pack. Important in so many ways.
We’re a threat to win the conference. We’ve played two of the hardest road games. Providence has yet to play anyone of substance on the road , can’t start talking conference races until each team has played 5 or so road games. Providence will most likely lose their next 2 games. We’re one of the best teams in the country and we’ll continue to show that .

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This seems like a matchup that should be good for us (mostly): they're not great defensively, they don't rebound all that well, which means we should feast on 2nd chance points. Prosper is going to be a tough cover, but if we can slow him down I think we can have some success defensively.

Reaction Score
In that case he can't waste fouls running and jumping to block 3 point jumpers.

That first foul yesterday was a killer.
I don't think Clingan touches him, and I rewound that a couple of times and it did not look like he tripped over Clingan's feet, it looks like he dove the tip of his foot into the floor making him stumble.

Reaction Score
Marquette hasn’t drawn a ton of FTs this season doesn’t shoot them well.

Their bread and butter is their two point field goal percentage (60%) which is 4th in the country. Their shooting efficiency is pretty darn good.

They are on the high side for threes taken but middle of the pack for % made.

They steal the ball a lot. They don’t block a lot of shots and they don’t rebound particularly well.

Need to defend the paint and not make stupid turnovers.
We need to dominate the glass like we were until a few weeks ago. It’s been a while since we’ve done that.

pj

Reaction Score
Yeah, Marquette has played better than us recently (beat Georgetown by 22 vs us by 11, won at Villanova where we won at home, played Providence tougher). Should be a great game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, Marquette has played better than us recently (beat Georgetown by 22 vs us by 11, won at Villanova where we won at home, played Providence tougher). Should be a great game.
It’s matchups. Xavier is particularly bad for us with two bigs who can score all over the court, and a great screen game. I think this is one where we are likely a really tough matchup for Marquette. I think we can win this game. Need more from the bench and Alex.

Reaction Score
I don't think Clingan touches him, and I rewound that a couple of times and it did not look like he tripped over Clingan's feet, it looks like he dove the tip of his foot into the floor making him stumble.
Didn't mean it but the foot popped out and tripped him.

Reaction Score

We need to win a game against a quality opponent on the road. Our defense if we bring it will win this game for us. Thinking this will be a close game

Reaction Score

Need to bring our DEFENSE! If we do we win

Reaction Score
Hurley also needs to control his temper. I love his passion but we need to reel him in at times. You will never beat the zebras! Still love this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom