At game on Sunday, and Sid top 10 . . . | The Boneyard

At game on Sunday, and Sid top 10 . . .

Reaction Score
Been lurking for a few months. Compilation of thoughts here . . .
1. Going to game at Gampel on Sunday. Haven't been back on campus for many years. Best place to park (not worried about a few extra bucks, prefer to be closer to stadium)? Best place to get a beer and food not overrun with kids after the game?
2. Sid had a top ten a few games back. It was the block where he got up about 40 inches and pretty much volley-ball spiked the ball with his forearm. Didn't see a post about it.
3. Penny ripping his kid publicly is bad karma. Just because it's true doesn't mean it needs to be said publicly. Shaming the kid is bad, even if it works - maybe even especially if it works.
4. Hans Sprungfeld - you've been on a tear. Wanted to like a bunch of your posts.
5. Notwithstanding our inability to win a game we're not supposed to win, my eyes tell me Hurley has begun to turn the program around. It's a cruise liner/oil tanker, not a speed boat. Many here seemed to think we'd be a sweet 16 team this year. I was disappointed 1/2 way through - I'm not now. My hope for a berth was not based in reason. Easier to see in rear view. Hope springs eternal - I may try to get the AAC tourni - my schedule will allow it.
6. Many likes and thanks to the dudes posting the highlights and games - I have had little TV access and they have been a life saver.
7. I'll be rocking a tiny Senhor at the game. If you're there, look for it. If you call me crank, I'll beer you.
8. I'm very excited for next year.
9. I always figured CV could be much more, if put under control. Good job DH on that. Excellent progress. CV has the potential to be a great senior leader next year. Should spend 80% of his off season working on his handle - get hands closer to the ground, bend at the knees.

See you around campus.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Best place to park- the big lot diagonal from EO Smith, kind of in between the art/music building and Nathan Hale. It's a staff lot from Mon-Fri 7-5, but seemingly no one realizes you can park there just fine any time outside those hours. Easy walk to Gampel. And you avoid the headache of driving down Hillside Road. And you don't pay a dime.

Reaction Score
Been lurking for a few months. Compilation of thoughts here . . .
1. Going to game at Gampel on Sunday. Haven't been back on campus for many years. Best place to park (not worried about a few extra bucks, prefer to be closer to stadium)? Best place to get a beer and food not overrun with kids after the game?
2. Sid had a top ten a few games back. It was the block where he got up about 40 inches and pretty much volley-ball spiked the ball with his forearm. Didn't see a post about it.
3. Penny ripping his kid publicly is bad karma. Just because it's true doesn't mean it needs to be said publicly. Shaming the kid is bad, even if it works - maybe even especially if it works.
4. Hans Sprungfeld - you've been on a tear. Wanted to like a bunch of your posts.
5. Notwithstanding our inability to win a game we're not supposed to win, my eyes tell me Hurley has begun to turn the program around. It's a cruise liner/oil tanker, not a speed boat. Many here seemed to think we'd be a sweet 16 team this year. I was disappointed 1/2 way through - I'm not now. My hope for a berth was not based in reason. Easier to see in rear view. Hope springs eternal - I may try to get the AAC tourni - my schedule will allow it.
6. Many likes and thanks to the dudes posting the highlights and games - I have had little TV access and they have been a life saver.
7. I'll be rocking a tiny Senhor at the game. If you're there, look for it. If you call me crank, I'll beer you.
8. I'm very excited for next year.
9. I always figured CV could be much more, if put under control. Good job Dan Hurley on that. Excellent progress. CV has the potential to be a great senior leader next year. Should spend 80% of his off season working on his handle - get hands closer to the ground, bend at the knees.

See you around campus.
I like your take on CV. Hard worker, good defender, good shooter... just a bad dribbler for a guard and can’t create his own shot.

I like the lot across from the garage at the bottom of the Hill by Ted’s. Easy to get out of.

Reaction Score
Nathan Hale Inn has a nice pub that will not be overrun with kids. Decent food too.

Reaction Score
I usually just park in the garage right next to gampel. Go early, get a low floor and quicker exit. Use the extra time to browse the coop and get yourself a nice sweatshirt.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I usually park in the lot down past farmer brown. Pretty quick walk if you don’t a little rough terrain.

Reaction Score
Looks like it’ll be packed. Hopefully we put on a good show, we should beat this team

Reaction Score
I usually just park in the garage right next to gampel. Go early, get a low floor and quicker exit. Use the extra time to browse the coop and get yourself a nice sweatshirt.
Same here, never been a hassle for me. The garage next to Gampel works just fine

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
There's also now a Hop Knot in Storrs at Four Corners that I would recommend. I had never been to one before, apparently it is a chain. I went and it was a cool environment. It seems more like it attracts locals than students.
Craft brews and pretzel themed food. Great atmosphere, bar, tv, board games.

Reaction Score
Best place to park- the big lot diagonal from EO Smith, kind of in between the art/music building and Nathan Hale. It's a staff lot from Mon-Fri 7-5, but seemingly no one realizes you can park there just fine any time outside those hours. Easy walk to Gampel. And you avoid the headache of driving down Hillside Road. And you don't pay a dime.

Second this. Thats usually where I park. Come in on 195 and take a right at Buckley before the Art building. Take your first left. Free parking, easy walk to Gampel.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Well that was one of the best introductory posts I've seen in the yard in, oh, I don't know... ever?

I always figured CV could be much more, if put under control. Good job Dan Hurley on that. Excellent progress. CV has the potential to be a great senior leader next year. Should spend 80% of his off season working on his handle - get hands closer to the ground, bend at the knees.
I would love to see CV with a better handle. But he should concentrate on it only for getting into/through the paint. He's proven for 3 years that his jumper off the bounce is maybe 25% as accurate as when he's got his feet set and shoots off the catch. Trying to learn to drive through traffic is much more important at this point than trying to fix his "in motion" jumper, and trying to do both in one off season is risky, and he might mess up the mechanics of all his outside shooting in the process.

Sid had a top ten a few games back. It was the block where he got up about 40 inches and pretty much volley-ball spiked the ball with his forearm. Didn't see a post about it.
It was covered in the ThoughtZ™ post on the Houston game.
See also, my avatar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom