At ecu | The Boneyard

At ecu

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing that the only seats I could have purchased was in the corner behind the basket.

I realize the forecast was bad and there was a change in the time of tip off, but I assumed that the ECU students and their local faithful would turn out...

It seemed that there were more blue UConn bodies showing up than purple and gold...

Reaction Score
General admission seats were in the lower bowl, with the exception of the first three rows behind the UConn bench (reserved for family and special guests of the Huskies). The crowd was sparse and I moved around and found great spots to watch depending on the basket we were attacking.

One funny observation. Amanda Kimball passed around energy shakes to each player while they were stretching about an hour before tip. Lou hated the taste apparently because she held her nose while drinking and made a face after each gulp.

Reaction Score
One funny observation. Amanda Kimball passed around energy shakes to each player while they were stretching about an hour before tip. Lou hated the taste apparently because she held her nose while drinking and made a face after each gulp.

I read before that they drink a shake with slow-releasing carbohydrates to increase their energy and stabilize blood-sugar levels. They have done it at every game I’ve attended.

CTyankee

Reaction Score
General admission seats were in the lower bowl, with the exception of the first three rows behind the UConn bench (reserved for family and special guests of the Huskies).

Whoa... So the $20 seats were in the corners and the $12 seats were in the center???

New math I guess...

Reaction Score
Whoa... So the $20 seats were in the corners and the $12 seats were in the center???

New math I guess...
There were some padded chair back seats just above the lower bowl risers, presumably the $20 numbers. There were also some non-padded chair backs higher up that seemed to be $12 seats. With today’s weather-reduced attendance, the ushers never seemed to challenge spectators who wanted to move around.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing that the only seats I could have purchased was in the corner behind the basket.

I realize the forecast was bad and there was a change in the time of tip off, but I assumed that the ECU students and their local faithful would turn out...

It seemed that there were more blue UConn bodies showing up than purple and gold...

We were told we could ignore our tickets and sit anywhere. Yeah snow !!

CTyankee

Reaction Score
There were some padded chair back seats just above the lower bowl risers, presumably the $20 numbers. There were also some non-padded chair backs higher up that seemed to be $12 seats.

I looked on line for "best seats available" and was directed by the ECU website not just on yesterday and today, but also last week, to $20 seats in section 213. Nothing was available in any of the center section lower bowl.

I don't think they had any upper bowl for sale.

How do they sell tickets? Were your tickets in the center sections? Were they assigned seats or general admission?

Reaction Score
I looked on line for "best seats available" and was directed by the ECU website not just on yesterday and today, but also last week, to $20 seats in section 213. Nothing was available in any of the center section lower bowl.

I don't think they had any upper bowl for sale.

How do they sell tickets? Were your tickets in the center sections? Were they assigned seats or general admission?
The lower bowl seats are just bench seats. My guess is they are intended primarily for students but of course classes are not in session on Jan. 3rd. I didn’t see any seat or row numbers on them.

I have gone to ECU for the UConn games twice and got great vantage points. The arena is a little smaller than Gampel (8,000?) and it is hard to find a really bad seat. I plan to return next year, assuming that ECU hosts us again.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I read before that they drink a shake with slow-releasing carbohydrates to increase their energy and stabilize blood-sugar levels. They have done it at every game I’ve attended.
Actually it is an Anti Kryptonite Drink. It is a well known fact that many of the opponent teams put small strips of Kryptonite in their uniforms when they play UConn. This drink neutralizes the Kryptonite effect on the UConn team, especially Lou.:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom