At Boston area sports bar tonight. No BC/Duke on. | The Boneyard

At Boston area sports bar tonight. No BC/Duke on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went to dinner with the family at a packed Boston area sports bar tonight. The sports bar has probably 30 + TVs, but at 6 PM, not one TV turned to the BC/Duke basketball game. There was golf, ESPN sports center, Celts, NBA basketball, but no BC basketball. Clearly, nobody in the bar cared about the game to ask to put the game on.

It is mind boggling that anybody thinks BC brings the Boston market.

Reaction Score
Went to dinner with the family at a packed Boston area sports bar tonight. The sports bar has probably 30 + TVs, but at 6 PM, not one TV turned to the BC/Duke basketball game. There was golf, ESPN sports center, Celts, NBA basketball, but no BC basketball. Clearly, nobody in the bar cared about the game to ask to put the game on.

It is mind boggling that anybody thinks BC brings the Boston market.

You forgot rodeo.

Reaction Score
With a Celtics OT game and the Bruins, BC has no shot at being on in a downtown sports bar here. Where were you?

Reaction Score
I was in NYC at a SportsBar. Every TV on Something Else. 8 on Minnesota game. I asked the bartender to put on the BC-Duke game with 2 minutes to go with BC up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No suprise at all. I struggle to get them to put NCAA tournament games on. It's just not a college sports town, but BC being in the dumper is a factor. They BC hockey games will be on. But everyone has all but given up on BC hoops and football is only slightly better.

Reaction Score
No suprise at all. I struggle to get them to put NCAA tournament games on. It's just not a college sports town, but BC being in the dumper is a factor. They BC hockey games will be on. But everyone has all but given up on BC hoops and football is only slightly better.

What BC games? The Beanpot games? Because hockey games are very rarely on NECN. In other words, they are not even on TV. I see about one college hockey game a week listed. And I try to watch Boston U., but they are rarely ever on--and BU is more popular than BC in Boston.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What BC games? The Beanpot games? Because hockey games are very rarely on NECN. In other words, they are not even on TV. I see about one college hockey game a week listed. And I try to watch Boston U., but they are rarely ever on--and BU is more popular than BC in Boston.

College hockey is on several channels in my Boston area Fios system. NESN has games all the time, but so do other channels (including Big Ten Net).

Reaction Score
College hockey is on several channels in my Boston area Fios system. NESN has games all the time, but so do other channels (including Big Ten Net).

I was looking at Connecticut cable and for the next several weeks there's not a single BC game (NBC Sports, etc.).

But yes, college games are shown. But generally, even in Boston, you're lucky to get one game a month of your favorite school. In the next 3 weeks, for instance, BC has one game on TV outside the Beanpot. So, for every 7 games they play, 1 gets shown. Believe me, I'm looking to see more of Boston U., but they too will only be shown once outside the Beanpot in the next 3 weeks.

Reaction Score
I don't get it. BC has this young and upcoming team that in 2 -3 seasons will make a serious run at an NIT bid.

It's really exciting stuff. Sometimes you can even hear a fan or student cheer at Alumni. Electric place...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom