At 92 Vince Scully takes to social media | The Boneyard

At 92 Vince Scully takes to social media

Reaction Score
Is there room for Vince Scully in the Boneyard
He should have called one UConn women's game.
Good positive reading

www.usatoday.com

Legendary broadcaster Vin Scully set to enter the social media world
Vin Scully, 92, says he was a "fan before I was a broadcaster" and now he will be engaging with fans across the world on social media.
www.usatoday.com
www.usatoday.com

Catching up with Vin Scully: On America today, Jackie Robinson, MLB in 2020 and daily life in retirement
Legendary broadcaster Vin Scully spoke to USA TODAY Sports for an hour-long conversation that felt more like five minutes. Here are the highlights.
www.usatoday.com

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Marty Glickman who was a big time announcer and quite famous at the time did UConn football on WTIC years ago. A Jew, he was an Olympic grade track man who was famously excluded from the Berlin Olympics to appease Hitler who was shown up anyway when Jesse Owens won a bunch of medals showing the aryans what a black man could do. Glickman had two nieces who were sisters who I went to hs with in Hartford and both tragically died before they were 35.

Vin Scully is amazing. I remember him starting out with the Dodgers in Brooklyn when I was a kid. A perfect broadcasters voice. More power to him.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Some consider him the best bb broadcaster of all time. I had the pleasure and privilege of listening to Vinny call Dodger games for 58 of his 67 years. Vin was a great story teller, and a great interviewer. I grew up listening to Vinny calling Dodger games. I went to my first Dodger game in 1958, and yes, I had my own personal transistor radio with an ear piece so that I could listen to Vin and Jerry (Doggett) call the game as I looked on.

All of the HOF legends at some point were interviewed by Vin. Even longtime Orioles and later Dodger first baseman Eddie Murray who shunned the press, and rarely consented to an interview, would talk to Vin.

Vinny was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1982, and has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He is a living legend. Is there room for Scully in the Boneyard? I think so, but I’m just a wee bit biased. ;)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom