ASU .... Devils | The Boneyard

ASU .... Devils

Reaction Score
ASU opened the year with a win over Air Force 87-56. While this was a classic opening-season mismatch everyone on the Sun Devils roster scored, rebounded, and play double-digit minutes. Notably Robbi Ryan senior guard from Wyoming was held out with an undisclosed foot injury. She'll be needed if the Devils are to survive the rough Pac-12 schedule. Two newcomers stood out in the victory. Freshman Finland guard Sarah Bejedi scored 12 points in 19 minutes hitting all three of her first quarter shots and had several assists that were eye-popping. Ja' Tavia Tarpley the grad transfer from Southern Cal showed tremendous defense and offense as she scored 11 points and led the team in rebounding with eight.

The Devil's play Army Sunday the day before Veterans Day. In her presser Charlize Turner Thorne discussed how this came about which was an interesting story. This Devil Squad looks to be much different than those of recent years as they look like they're going to run run run and score some points. Fundamentally Charlize's Turner Thorne maintains her philosophy of playing the entire team and using waves of players. A weak non-conference schedule should allow the Devil's to enter a Pac-12 play with a very good record. Is I posted elsewhere based on talent and size it looks like this will be a sixth-place team this year. I believe he Arizona Wildcats will leap frog the devil's to finish 5th behind the to Oregon schools Stanford and UCLA. I did notice that UCLA's guard Dean did not appear in the box score in the Bruins -first game wondering what's going on there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom