Assorted observations from conf tourneys | The Boneyard

Assorted observations from conf tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I watched the majority of over 40 games during the past week, through mid-day Monday. After that we started parking for our trip to NOLA for a wedding. I did not, in particular, see any UConn games, or listen to halftime shows, etc.

What I did notice (no particular order):

- Post players are really adept at drawing fouls. I noticed even more than usual that shooters would distinctly move into the guarding player to emphasize that they were not truly vertical.
- Officials continue to be hugely inconsistent in block / charge calls. Commentators who know far more than I do were often puzzled. I really think this area could be cleaned up.
- My opinion that the PAC 12 plays differently because it is reffed differently was reinforced. Muggings appear ok, touch fouls not so much.
- At times in the past, I have liked Tennessee (remember, as a Rutgers fan, my biggest issue is the Clockwork Orange incident). I don't find the current team appealing to watch, but I have to give credit that they seem to bring an intensity that appears missing in a surprising number of teams.
- An awful lot of really good teams struggled against lesser competition. It is too soon to try to figure out how much parity there may be (below UConn) as conference tourneys often bring out the best in teams, but non-the-less, I hope this bodes well for some upsets in the NCAA's.
- Some play-by-play folks are clueless - on 2 or 3 broadcasts they discussed the "women's" 3 point line as separate from the men's. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom