Asjha Jones tears achilles in Russia | The Boneyard

Asjha Jones tears achilles in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Oh no! Hate to hear that. Blessings and prayers for her healing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ouch, those take awhile to recover from.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Bummer for her. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Might change what the Sun do with their first pick...

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Not the way you want to come home for Christmas....prayers for her speedy recovery!

Reaction Score
How sad.....I said this a 100 times, these women play too much hoops and they bodies never recover. Ashja did take last WNBA season off to recover from last years Europe or Russia season.

I had that injury and its 6 months to heal at my level and a year for an elite level athlete like her..........

Heal soon............

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear the bad news...I guess we know who the 1st pick will be in
the WNBA draft now.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow - she has a tough few years. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I wonder if this may signal a retirement?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Ashja's injury now makes it certain that the Sun will draft Chiney with the 1st pick. If Ashja had indicated the she was going to play for the Sun this year, it was possible; although unlikely; they may have gone in a different direction.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Bummer...she's long been a favorite of mine. Like ucmiami notes, at 33 with such an injury
are her playing days over?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Oh man.

This can be a pretty serious injury .... Catch recovered, though, and Asjha can, too. Difficult at this stage of her career nonetheless.

Maybe after her surgery, Geno could bring her on staff temporarily to help out as a special assistant coach for our posts and forwards??? She could do re-hab and stay around the game at the same time, giving sage advice, showing the girls some moves, coaching them up from a pro player's perspective.....

Hey, just a thought (dream)! But remember --- Geno *has* always complimented AJones on her peerless professionalism. And Asjha's base of operations these days when she's stateside is still Connecticut, not Seattle as in Sue's case. So those logistics would make it easier, potentially.

As wire chief points out, at age 33 it's possible that she may not want to try and come back given her recent injury troubles....if so, a short stint as a special assistant might be a good way for her to see how she likes the coaching side of things in case she wants to give it a whirl at some point....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Ashja's injury now makes it certain that the Sun will draft Chiney with the 1st pick. If Ashja had indicated the she was going to play for the Sun this year, it was possible; although unlikely; they may have gone in a different direction.

I am betting you are correct re: Chiney & the Sun

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Terrible new for Asjha
Terrible news for the Sun.

Chiney is a lesser Asia
and the terrif chance they had to pick Sims and bolster the backcourt seems gone.
But I would still pick Sims

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear this. Wonderful player. Just watched, on YouTube, the NC Championships she won at UConn. Difficult injury to come back from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom