Asia Durr poised for epic final chapter at Louisville | The Boneyard

Asia Durr poised for epic final chapter at Louisville

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn travels to Louisville Kentucky to play the Cardinals on Jan 31. You can bet Durr will be a handful.

Senior year comes whether players are ready for it. But some seniors are eager to embrace all of it: the expectations, the leadership, the responsibility. In Asia Durr, Louisville has that kind of player and person in full blossom.

From a talent standpoint, many observers would have said Durr was WNBA-ready after her sophomore season, when she averaged 19.2 points. Yet watching her play and talking to her now, you sense how much she has grown as a competitor and a team spokeswoman in the past year.

She was ACC player of the year and led Louisville to the Final Four in 2018, averaging 18.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists. She was named a WBCA first-team All-American, just the second in Louisville history after WNBA great and Olympian Angel McCoughtry.

[Story]

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Some poll awhile back had her as the #1 pick of the WNBA next spring. Personally, I don't see that (that may be my shortcoming). I would pick, among others, before Durr: McCowan, Collier, Samuelson, Brown, (Ionescu if she declares). Durr is really good, but this is an exceptional class, and relative to the top of the class, I just don't think she cuts it. Of course, a lot can happen this season, and we shall see.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some poll awhile back had her as the #1 pick of the WNBA next spring. Personally, I don't see that (that may be my shortcoming). I would pick, among others, before Durr: McCowan, Collier, Samuelson, Brown, (Ionescu if she declares). Durr is really good, but this is an exceptional class, and relative to the top of the class, I just don't think she cuts it. Of course, a lot can happen this season, and we shall see.
I agree. I see Asia as a top 5-10 pick, not the #1 pick.

Reaction Score
UConn travels to Louisville Kentucky to play the Cardinals on Jan 31. You can bet Durr will be a handful.

Senior year comes whether players are ready for it. But some seniors are eager to embrace all of it: the expectations, the leadership, the responsibility. In Asia Durr, Louisville has that kind of player and person in full blossom.

From a talent standpoint, many observers would have said Durr was WNBA-ready after her sophomore season, when she averaged 19.2 points. Yet watching her play and talking to her now, you sense how much she has grown as a competitor and a team spokeswoman in the past year.

She was ACC player of the year and led Louisville to the Final Four in 2018, averaging 18.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists. She was named a WBCA first-team All-American, just the second in Louisville history after WNBA great and Olympian Angel McCoughtry.

[Story]
Is it wrong for me to wish she would go off for like 40 against Notre Dame every time they play this year.... ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is it wrong for me to wish she would go off for like 40 against Notre Dame every time they play this year.... ;)

Not at all. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom