Asia Durr player of the week (ESPN) | The Boneyard

Asia Durr player of the week (ESPN)

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Louisville's Asia Durr named espnW's player of the week Louisville's Durr is espnW's player of the week
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

And deservedly so. What a great performance against a ND squad with fierce talent. I stood as close to the TV as possible, repeating WOW over and over again.

So when will we see this from one of our beloved Huskies? In the several weeks of running the POW segments we have not seen a single Husky... with freshman like Chennedy (still trying to remember to pronounce it with a hard K) getting spotlighted.
Previous winners: Louisville's Durr (Nov. 20) | Ohio State's Mitchell (Nov. 27)| Florida State's Thomas (Dec. 4) |Oklahoma State's Goodwin (Dec. 11) |Texas A&M's Carter (Dec. 18) | Western Illinois' Clemens (Dec. 26) | Stanford's McPhee (Jan. 1) | Houston's Harris (Jan. 8)

Time to step up LOU.
And PHEESE
And GABBY

Well, they WILL I'm not worried :D

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Louisville's Asia Durr named espnW's player of the week Louisville's Durr is espnW's player of the week

And deservedly so. What a great performance against a ND squad with fierce talent. I stood as close to the TV as possible, repeating WOW over and over again.

So when will we see this from one of our beloved Huskies? In the several weeks of running the POW segments we have not seen a single Husky... with freshman like Chennedy (still trying to remember to pronounce it with a hard K) getting spotlighted.
Previous winners: Louisville's Durr (Nov. 20) | Ohio State's Mitchell (Nov. 27)| Florida State's Thomas (Dec. 4) |Oklahoma State's Goodwin (Dec. 11) |Texas A&M's Carter (Dec. 18) | Western Illinois' Clemens (Dec. 26) | Stanford's McPhee (Jan. 1) | Houston's Harris (Jan. 8)

Time to step up LOU.
And PHEESE
And GABBY

I'd rather have 4-6 players in double figures and no one needing to be the hero in every one of our games. We know how to beat teams that need a hero.

CBear01

Reaction Score
I'd rather have 4-6 players in double figures and no one needing to be the hero in every one of our games. We know how to beat teams that need a hero.

And I need to agree. I love seeing us hit the 5 players in doubles in a game, hoping for a 6th and (gasp!) A 7th!

But I think we need standout performances ala Durr's recent escapade for our starters to cement AA status this year and give themselves and the team a big boost going into March. I'd love it to be 30 point + performances in February when a little red birdie flies into town...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Yup. I'll take that every day, every game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I don't see anyone of those POW's ever scoring 30 points or more against the Husky defense.

Reaction Score

Time to step up LOU.
And PHEESE
And GABBY

Our team is so balanced and unselfish that one player rarely has a day like Durr or Hines-Allen had vs ND

CBear01

Reaction Score
Our team is so balanced and unselfish that one player rarely has a day like Durr or Hines-Allen had vs ND

And when they do....WATCH OUT!
LOL

It's a matter of time I feel...

Reaction Score
And when they do....WATCH OUT!
LOL

It's a matter of time I feel...
And we rarely need 1 or 2 players to take over a game like those 2 did... but you are right, any given night Lou could go 10 for 10 3ptrs, or Pheesa could run up 39, or Gabby...Danger...Kia...Z... but the way our team plays it won't happen often

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
And we rarely need 1 or 2 players to take over a game like those 2 did... but you are right, any given night Lou could go 10 for 10 3ptrs, or Pheesa could run up 39, or Gabby...Danger...Kia...Z... but the way our team plays it won't happen often
Considering in the history of UConn WBB there are only 3 players that have scored 40 points or more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom