Ashland: The Div. II UCONN? | The Boneyard

Ashland: The Div. II UCONN?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
5 remarkable numbers from Ashland's record-setting run

Ashland has a 72 game win streak. They are two games away from back-to-back NCAA championships. The Eagles 24.3 assists-per-game not only leads DII women's basketball by 4.2 per game. They have a Div. II player of the year.

"The Ashland women's basketball team continued its historic run Monday night in the DII Women's Elite Eight and surpassed Connecticut's single-season point record. The record, set in 2015, was 3,481 points. Ashland is now at 3,500 points with at least one guaranteed game remaining." Ashland is undoubtedly bad for Div. II basketball.

"A perfect 100.0 points-per-game, the first women's basketball team to average triple-digits over a season in any division. UConn set the record in 2015, but the Huskies did it in 39 games, averaging 89.3 points per game. Ashland has outscored its opponents by 1,409 points this season. UConn? The Huskies had a 1,585-point margin of victory. Ashland's largest margin of victory in this record-setting season was 73 points. UConn's was 65."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ashland should be playing in Div. I and UConn should be playing in the WNBA.
UConn led Ashland by 48 points at halftime during November's exhibition matchup.
I don't know about UCONN playing in the WNBA and Ashland moving up to Div. I but certainly some of these coaches should be moving up. I watched Central Missouri play IUP in the semi-finals game. The Central Missouri offense (spacing , timing, cutting, shot selection & movement) were all supreme and infinitely better than ANYTHING I have seen in the SEC except from Vandy and SC under Balcomb.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
We can only conclude that Ashland University is bad for basketball ...................... Sad.

Bad 4 Basketball.jpg

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I was going to start a thread entitled "The Mini UCONN". I'm glad you did. I have watched them play five times this season. None of the games I watched were close.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I just might watch this game then the WNCAA Sweet 16 tonight. They are on CBSSN at 8PM EDT. I have yet to see Ashland play against other Div II teams. I did watch the game against UConn, but that is not the same.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I don't know about UCONN playing in the WNBA and Ashland moving up to Div. I but certainly some of these coaches should be moving up. I watched Central Missouri play IUP in the semi-finals game. The Central Missouri offense (spacing , timing, cutting, shot selection & movement) were all supreme and infinitely better than ANYTHING I have seen in the SEC except from Vandy and SC under Balcomb.

I was thinking the same thing. Dave Slifer has been coaching a long time in Missouri and his adult daughter is in the coaching ranks as well. Don't know if he'd be going anywhere at this point.

On the other hand, Robyn Fralick is only in her third year at Ashland and is in her mid-thirties (she graduated from Davidson in '04). One would think that some D1 programs would be interested. One word of advice: while Cincinnati is a good place to visit, don't think of coaching there. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Another D-2 exhibition opponent of UConn's, Lubbock Christian, made it to the elite 8 of the D-2 tournament. THey won it all the year they played UConn; this year they were 32-2, with only losses against Ashland and Missouri State (in that elite 8 game), the two teams in the D-2 championship game tonight (3/23).

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Ashland is going to lose tonight, down 10 with 32 seconds left in the 4th qtr.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Final score Central Missouri 66 and Ashland 52, CM is now the new DIV II National Champions.

Reaction Score
Ashland pulled to 55-52, but then Central Missouri scored the final 11 points to win 66-52

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom