Ashland Is In Big Trouble — They're Drinking The Kool Aid | The Boneyard

Ashland Is In Big Trouble — They're Drinking The Kool Aid

Reaction Score
upload_2017-11-4_19-21-31.png

But they sure do look like nice folks. :D

LINK to tweet

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh, I don't know. I suspect they have a healthy attitude about the ride they are taking. I suspect they'll enjoy it all.
What better experience could these girls from Ashland get than to come to Gampel and play what could
become one of the best Uconn teams ever. Then go home with that experience and begin their season.
I wish them well in their coming season.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Going home with a picture of yourself on that hallowed ground is one of the numerous benefits a team like Ashland gets for the privilege of getting pounded for 40 minutes.

That picture will hang for years to come on parents walls, in their future family room, on their office desks, on the wall in their patient's waiting rooms etc. etc. They can tell their kids about the game, tell strangers when they ask about the time they played one of Geno’s great teams. Maybe talk about the three pointer they made over a three time AA that day.

A prize to be cherished. A memory never to be forgotten (except possibly the final score).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't know. I think it's all kind of sweet. They all look like a great bunch of kids, kids who have had some degree of success in there division I might add. They all look ready to represent their school as well as they can. Good on them.

Reaction Score
It wasn't Kool-Aid. Sorry, Jonestown is a pet subject of mine...

Sorry to offend. Did not intend it as a reference to Jonestown, I intended it to be an analogy for buying into, and following a hype or meme...and in this case in a playful or humorous way. I shouldn't have.

While I managed to irk at least one person on this side of the conservation, I would imagine that a lot of the Ashland University community might find the reference a bit disconcerting ...or worse.

Often, these terms that societies, casually and with time, pick up and use in broad and often humorous ways, have their origins in some unsavory or even gruesome event. We should know better. Well, at least I should.

One that always bugs me is the term "going postal." I'd be willing to bet that the VAST majority of times I have heard people use that term, they did not intend to dismiss or diminish the lives of the postal works who were maimed, psychologically traumatized, or killed at the hands of their former co-workers.

My own personal experience came after my Mother was afflicted with, suffered with, and died from the ravages of Alzheimer's disease. It didn't take long before all of the references and jokes pertaining to "All timers," Some Timers," and "Half Timers" disease lost their humor for me, even though there was likely no ill intent on the part of the speaker or writer.

I realize that my reference may seem quite benign to some, but, to Orangutan, and all others that I managed to offend, hurt, of tick-off, I apologize.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It wasn't Kool-Aid

Sorry, Jonestown is a pet subject of mine...
Sorry to offend. Did not intend it as a reference to Jonestown, I intended it to be an analogy for buying into, and following a hype or meme...and in this case in a playful or humorous way. I shouldn't have.

While I managed to irk at least one person on this side of the conservation, I would imagine that a lot of the Ashland University community might find the reference a bit disconcerting ...or worse.

Often, these terms that societies, casually and with time, pick up and use in broad and often humorous ways, have their origins in some unsavory or even gruesome event. We should know better. Well, at least I should.

One that always bugs me is the term "going postal." I'd be willing to bet that the VAST majority of times I have heard people use that term, they did not intend to dismiss or diminish the lives of the postal works who were maimed, psychologically traumatized, or killed at the hands of their former co-workers.

My own personal experience came after my Mother was afflicted with, suffered with, and died from the ravages of Alzheimer's disease. It didn't take long before all of the references and jokes pertaining to "All timers," Some Timers," and "Half Timers" disease lost their humor for me, even though there was likely no ill intent on the part of the speaker or writer.

I realize that my reference may seem quite benign to some, but, to Orangutan, and all others that I managed to offend, hurt, of tick-off, I apologize.

You're my two favorite simians. Sensitivity understood, apology accepted.

Reaction Score
JavaMan, I really enjoy your posts. I for one understood the meaning of your "cool aid" reference and was not offended one bit. Please, please keep your post coming. I thank you in advance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom