As We Approach a New Season | The Boneyard

As We Approach a New Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And take a glimpse tonight of our new version of the Huskies I have been counseling myself to patience and being nonjudgmental if a ball ends up in the third row. We are, of course, (and deservedly so :D) spoiled rotten. Yet, though we mouth so frequently "In Geno we trust", we still bemoan his questionable judgment in selecting recruits - right? You know that's true. It occurred to me just today that what I do love about this sports program and its Coach is that from day one Geno and Chris have been unwaveringly in search of excellence. And it hit me that they are living examples of the teaching of Tom Peters of In Search of Excellence fame. I found a presentation he recently gave which is so fitting to the damn of this new team. It comes early in his presentation: Essentially, don't rebuild, reimagine!

Reaction Score
And take a glimpse tonight of our new version of the Huskies I have been counseling myself to patience and being nonjudgmental if a ball ends up in the third row. We are, of course, (and deservedly so :D) spoiled rotten. Yet, though we mouth so frequently "In Geno we trust", we still bemoan his questionable judgment in selecting recruits - right? You know that's true. It occurred to me just today that what I do love about this sports program and its Coach is that from day one Geno and Chris have been unwaveringly in search of excellence. And it hit me that they are living examples of the teaching of Tom Peters of In Search of Excellence fame. I found a presentation he recently gave which is so fitting to the damn of this new team. It comes early in his presentation: Essentially, don't rebuild, reimagine!

I don't believe there's a problem with Geno's choice of recruits Rock; the problem is the recruits who choose to go somewhere other than UConn. Their bad. If, for example, Aja Wilson were on today's Husky team, we'd be talking about number 5 in a row.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't believe there's a problem with Geno's choice of recruits Rock; the problem is the recruits who choose to go somewhere other than UConn. Their bad. If, for example, Aja Wilson were on today's Husky team, we'd be talking about number 5 in a row.

I don't either. But every year we have a rash of "fans" damning recruits with faint praise. Later they jump on the bandwagon like no one can remember their shtick. The current victims being Molly and KKKK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom