As the bubble turns | The Boneyard

As the bubble turns

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In a clash of the two hottest teams in the Big Ten, Indiana pulled away late for an 82-70 win at Minnesota. This snaps the Gophers' four-game winning streak and extends the Hoosiers' current winning streak to *eight* — I believe that only Mississippi State, Baylor, and Notre Dame have longer active winning streaks among the P5 teams.

Tyra Buss had 36 points to follow up on her 37-point performance against Nebraska. She is finding another gear down the stretch of her senior year.

This nudges Indiana close to the RPI top 50 and into bubble territory. Minnesota, which had won its way into Creme's latest projected bracket, falls to the mid-40s. The Big Ten is *loaded* with bubble teams this year. I count no fewer than six teams in the 40-64 range of the RPI.

Meanwhile, West Virginia pulled out a win at Kansas State, keeping alive their hopes for an at-large berth. Their next game against Oklahoma State will be big for both teams, but the Mountaineers — who were among Creme's "first four out" in his latest bracket — probably need the win more desperately.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In a clash of the two hottest teams in the Big Ten, Indiana pulled away late for an 82-70 win at Minnesota. This snaps the Gophers' four-game winning streak and extends the Hoosiers' current winning streak to *eight* — I believe that only Mississippi State, Baylor, and Notre Dame have longer active winning streaks among the P5 teams.

Tyra Buss had 36 points to follow up on her 37-point performance against Nebraska. She is finding another gear down the stretch of her senior year.

This nudges Indiana close to the RPI top 50 and into bubble territory. Minnesota, which had won its way into Creme's latest projected bracket, falls to the mid-40s. The Big Ten is *loaded* with bubble teams this year. I count no fewer than six teams in the 40-64 range of the RPI.

Meanwhile, West Virginia pulled out a win at Kansas State, keeping alive their hopes for an at-large berth. Their next game against Oklahoma State will be big for both teams, but the Mountaineers — who were among Creme's "first four out" in his latest bracket — probably need the win more desperately.
Looking at the BIG 10 standings, the teams are bunched up in the standings, very similar to the PAC 12 teams standings? Not that it means anything, just an observation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom