As I've said before (a.) I'm not a football guy and | The Boneyard

As I've said before (a.) I'm not a football guy and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
(b.)I would like UConn to be out of the Big East and, preferably, in the ACC asap. My focus is exclusively on my two sports passions football(that would be soccer to the terminally misguided :)) and college hoops. And, for both of those sports, the ACC would be ideal imo. However, Mark Blaudschun, in today's Boston Globe has offered his solution which for hoops(with the addition of Memphis,St. Joe's,Temple,and Houston) might be something I could live with at least for the immediate future. Yeah I know he mentions UMess. I figure we could offer them a spot for a one time entry fee of $100 million. ;) Anyway here is the deal.

"The Big East Can Be Saved: Here's How" Mark Blaudschin.Boston Globe,9-30-11

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
That would be putting a tourniquet on an open head wound. Mine as well name that conference "Instability 12."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That would be putting a tourniquet on an open head wound. Mine as well name that conference "Instability 12."

I agree with that. A rag tag collection of unrelated and dissimilar institutions. That's what got the BE into this mess, and why I think the hybrid model is doomed to fail.

Reaction Score
I agree with that. A rag tag collection of unrelated and dissimilar institutions. That's what got the BE into this mess, and why I think the hybrid model is doomed to fail.

Of course it's doomed to fail. That's not the question. The question is whether you can keep the body alive long enough to benefit the members. That's the hard question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom