Articles on analysis and ranking of transfers | The Boneyard

Articles on analysis and ranking of transfers

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
We've had some give and take on this and it really gets down to the old NFL draft axiom: do you take the best available prospect or one to your needs? In the case of most, say, Top 25 teams, I think teams this year are looking to match needs with those in the portal. *

That said, a "big" or "paint filler" almost seems to be a universal answer for most teams' needs, so I suspect that you'll see a lot of interest in the posts or tough forwards listed. Stay tuned.

* Of course, LSU took 9 players last year so some teams that are seriously down in depth (Arizona?) could be looking for best possible players at most positions.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Putting this article in a separate thread.
(Note - unlike the NYT articles, which can be gifted, the only option that I've found with The Athletic is to gift a 30 day subscription.)

If I were evaluating transfers, I'd have a HUGE grid of who we have, what we need, and of course, who are we recruiting for 2024, 25, 26. If coaches are only focused on short term success, then they may go for transfers to fulfill a ST need. If coaches are focused on the LT health and success of a program, then they will stick with their process, and only add a transfer if it won't cause a negative ripple impact on future recruiting.

For instance, LSU's process over the last 1-2 seasons resulted in a natty. Now, I do think that a different result may have played out if seeding and game results were different, however, for now, what they did worked. Will they capture the magic again, or will other teams do it if they go portal heavy? Who knows.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Lauren Ware is so high, though she would be a great piece on a lot of teams. LSU, Utah, even UConn would be nice fits. I had to double check but I doubt there are 25 players in the portal better than Ashley Owusu. I like what I've seen from Padilla out of UPenn. Would love to see her get an opportunity at a big time program. I low key think everyone should go to Utah or Kansas state. Just feel like both teams are a piece away.

Reaction Score
We've had some give and take on this and it really gets down to the old NFL draft axiom: do you take the best available prospect or one to your needs? In the case of most, say, Top 25 teams, I think teams this year are looking to match needs with those in the portal. *

That said, a "big" or "paint filler" almost seems to be a universal answer for most teams' needs, so I suspect that you'll see a lot of interest in the posts or tough forwards listed. Stay tuned.

* Of course, LSU took 9 players last year so some teams that are seriously down in depth (Arizona?) could be looking for best possible players at most positions.
LSU had 4 transfer portal players last year. The 9 new players refers to 4 hs recruits, 1 juco recruit and 4 portal players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom