Articles about the enemy by the enemy, USC, including a scouting report on UCONN | The Boneyard

Articles about the enemy by the enemy, USC, including a scouting report on UCONN

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
No. 1 Gamecocks pass pre-UConn test with SEC win over Kentucky. What we learned

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is something ironic about calling us SC’s biggest test this season. And yet, it’s sort of true. Injury riddled as we are, we are likely to be exactly that. It’s sobering to reflect on that.

Reaction Score
No. 1 Gamecocks pass pre-UConn test with SEC win over Kentucky. What we learned

Nice to read some well written, balanced stories instead of the click bait we typically get.

Reaction Score
Nice to read some well written, balanced stories instead of the click bait we typically get.
I , for one, do not consider this contest with SC as a crucial test. The test would be if Uconn was at full strength with Paige,Azzi,Caroline Ice and the rest of our bench. This game is not indictative of a true contest as SC IS at full strength and we are hanging in with our skills and the tenacity that is Uconn. GO HUSKIES!!!!

JBK

Reaction Score
I , for one, do not consider this contest with SC as a crucial test. The test would be if Uconn was at full strength with Paige,Azzi,Caroline Ice and the rest of our bench. This game is not indictative of a true contest as SC IS at full strength and we are hanging in with our skills and the tenacity that is Uconn. GO HUSKIES!!!!
I think we all agree that we thought we would get more out of Ayanna and Amari at this point of the season

Reaction Score
Agreed. It is not crucial . However, I don’t see why you include Paige and Ice. They will not mean anything til next year . The crucial test will hopefully include Azzi, Caroline and the rest of your bench in April. That’s the crucial test.

This game should be viewed by y’all as an opportunity rather than a crucial test.

Reaction Score
There is something ironic about calling us SC’s biggest test this season. And yet, it’s sort of true. Injury riddled as we are, we are likely to be exactly that. It’s sobering to reflect on that.
NET 1 vs 2. How is it not our biggest test - other than maybe Stanford on the road?

Reaction Score
I think we all agree that we thought we would get more out of Ayanna and Amari at this point of the season
agree,Ayanna has been a big disappointmen. Thought she would be much further along in her development. She looks lost at times. Amari is another disappointment. How many fouls did she have in the short time she was on the court 2-3?

Reaction Score
No WE can't. I didn't expect all that much from Ayanna because because I didn't think she would get many minutes if the entire roster was healthy. She has played more minutes already than I expected. Other than being 6'-5", Amari didn't show me much last year to have high expectations. Having said that I like both players and would look for more contribution 2 or 3 years down the road.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
To be picky, they said our 111 game winning streak was a home streak, but it was a total 111 game winning streak against all comers, including on the road, tournament, and neutral sites.

JBK

Reaction Score
No WE can't. I didn't expect all that much from Ayanna because because I didn't think she would get many minutes if the entire roster was healthy. She has played more minutes already than I expected. Other than being 6'-5", Amari didn't show me much last year to have high expectations. Having said that I like both players and would look for more contribution 2 or 3 years down the road.
Ayanna was pre season rookie of the year -
Maybe you are getting what you thought, I was expecting a bigger contribution. No points or rebounds vs Providence
No spark -
Has the body to make a difference

Reaction Score
Agreed. It is not crucial . However, I don’t see why you include Paige and Ice. They will not mean anything til next year . The crucial test will hopefully include Azzi, Caroline and the rest of your bench in April. That’s the crucial test.

This game should be viewed by y’all as an opportunity rather than a crucial test.
I say it’s an opportunity for UCONN to match up against the best team in the country. I don’t buy the notion that the Gamecocks are the “underdogs”, and I don’t worry how lackadaisical they’ve played in some of their previous games. Why? Because of Dawn Staley! She and her staff will have the team fully focused for the Huskies.
PS: It will be a difficult task, but I’m hoping for a UCONN win, even though SCar is positioned to win. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
47 points from bench vs 42 from starters. Wowza, that's a very solid team!
That's just because they have played their bench A LOT. And blown out a lot of teams and pulled starters. Boston's numbers are down this year because she hasn't had to play 30 plus minute games. She's still the same Boston.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This isn't a crucial test for either team. The crucial test will be in March. I sure hope these two teams will be in opposite brackets so they can have a rematch in the final.

Reaction Score
That's just because they have played their bench A LOT. And blown out a lot of teams and pulled starters. Boston's numbers are down this year because she hasn't had to play 30 plus minute games. She's still the same Boston.
Five of the subs get first half, even first quarter, minutes. Several of those five have been high scorers in some games. The remaining four usually only get fourth quarter points

Reaction Score

The Greenville News article made me question whether SC should even show up.

It was kinda funny.

Reaction Score
With all those players you mention, SC would be the underdog.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom