ARTICLE: Pac-12 12 Things: power rankings, non-conference by the numbers | The Boneyard

ARTICLE: Pac-12 12 Things: power rankings, non-conference by the numbers

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Lots of interesting stuff in there. So...the Washington schools stink and are at the bottom of the conference, pretty much figured that out on my own. The middle third or so of the conference looks nearly impossible to pick at this point. As much as the author has logical reasons for his rankings, I bet quite a few of these get turned upside down before the conclusion of the season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not sure what to make of the article to be honest. He’s down on ASU but likes Cal who have not played any top teams other than UConn at this point. On Massey, ASU is 13th with the 20th SOS and OSU is 14th with the 24th SOS while Cal is 19th and the 28th SOS. Stanford had a nice win but also a loss to Gonzaga. They are good but also prone to the occasional slip up. He also a bit overconfident in Oregon’s Offense and in particular Hebard. That said I do think the top two are Stanford and Oregon then a gap to OSU/ASU, gap to Cal, USC, UCLA. This will be the most competitive of the P5’s.
SEC will be MSU then huge gap and KY/Tenn
Big12 is Baylor then big gap to Tex/WV
Big10 is Maryland who is still vastly overrated-s/be 10ish, then a lesser gap to MSU/Mich/Min/Neb/Pur (while down in elite top5 teams, the rest are very competitive with each other)
ACC is still ND, then Lou/NC State

So to me, only the PAC12 title is not defined.

Reaction Score
From the report:

"This is going to be the biggest storyline of the Pac-12 season. Scott Rueck has five really good guards for three spots, not to mention freshman Jasmine Simmons, perhaps the biggest victim in this numbers game..."

I actually think the bigger story line for OSU is the development of the "5"

Reaction Score
I think everyone too easily forgets Utah who could be in that final group with Cal/USC/UCLA. Dre'Una Edwards is one of the best freshmen in the Pac if not the nation.

Even though there is a gap between the various teams (and I agree Stanford and Oregon should be considered on top), I think you can go down very far, and I would include Arizona, and any of those lower teams could pull an upset on the top teams.

Reaction Score
. . . Big10 is Maryland who is still vastly overrated-s/be 10ish, then a lesser gap to MSU/Mich/Min/Neb/Pur (while down in elite top5 teams, the rest are very competitive with each other) . . .

You forgot Iowa which I believe will be one of the top three teams in the conference.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
You forgot Iowa which I believe will be one of the top three teams in the conference.
“Doh!” Brain cramp, on that, they may even give Maryland a run for the title (or one can hope:rolleyes:)

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I think everyone too easily forgets Utah who could be in that final group with Cal/USC/UCLA. Dre'Una Edwards is one of the best freshmen in the Pac if not the nation.

Even though there is a gap between the various teams (and I agree Stanford and Oregon should be considered on top), I think you can go down very far, and I would include Arizona, and any of those lower teams could pull an upset on the top teams.
It’s pretty tough to be on the Ute bandwagon given their SOS is a ghastly 208 and their top wins so far are over Alabama and Florida who very well could be the worst 2 teams in the SEC. Color me skeptical...

Reaction Score
It’s pretty tough to be on the Ute bandwagon given their SOS is a ghastly 208 and their top wins so far are over Alabama and Florida who very well could be the worst 2 teams in the SEC. Color me skeptical...

Same could be said for USC whose SOS is a not great 155 and have no wins over ranked teams and a bad loss at ranked Texas A&M.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom